A Trip To England

"WHAT IN THE FUCKIN WORLD ARE YA DOIN HERE YA LIL PIECE OF-"

"SHHHH!!" I hissed, putting my hand over her mouth. I glanced around the small neighborhood nervously. Thankfully it was deserted. Aunt Mona glared at me and slapped my hand away. I sighed.

She still looked the same. Fat, overweight, and wearing the world's most ridiculous clothes. This time she had a neon green sports shirt, pink tights, and bright red sneakers. I cringed under her glare.
"You look as festive as ever, Aunt. It's good to see you."

"Cut the shit." she snarled. "First your father disappears and for some reason dumps you with me in his will, then you disappear on some school trip, getting me in trouble with the police and now you're back with some hog-brained story of being kidnapped along with nine other kids?! Do you know how much of a pain it was chasing after you with that police officer? HALFWAY ACROSS THE WORLD?!! I spent a month in freezing Nepal before I could get that bullheaded police woman to come back!"

I sighed. After we were chosen, we had to travel across the world and eventually cross over to the Spirit World. So that the adults wouldn't be suspicious, we made up excuses of school field trips, and forgien-student exchange applications. But when we didn't come back after a while, Officer Rachel finally realized how stupid our excuses sounded and chased across the world to find us. Tracking my phone, she managed to chase us until Nepal before losing our trail. Once we came back to the human world, we purposely made sure to look a little injured and made up a story of being kidnapped. Of course, Aunt didn't appreciate it and I'm sure she didn't believe it.

I stared at her for a moment, in her neon outfit, fuming at me. She grunted angrily. "I have to go to the gym in a few. And I want 'yer ass off my property before I come back out." She proceeded by trying to slam the door shut, but I blocked it with my foot.

"Aunt..."

"Don't call me that." she hissed. "Far as I'm concerned, I have no brother, no parents, and no niece. I don't want anything to do with Caspien's affairs ever again."

My heart wrenched.
"My mother's dead." I blurted out.

Aunt's eyes widened. Then she narrowed them. "Amber's gone?"

I swallowed and nodded.

"Look Aunt, I don't know what happened between you and my dad. But my mother died, and dad moved to England. You're the only family I have left. And I know you and I never saw eye to eye... but that's because no one was honest with you, including me. I just want to explain. After this, you never have to see me ever again... I promise."

She stared at me before grumbling under her breath. She opened the door and shuffled inside. "Close the door behind ya!" she yelled from inside. I entered and did as I was told. Then I followed her in the kitchen and sat across her at the dining table. She had a cup of tea in her hand. She took a sip before speaking.

"So Caspien's in England? Do tell how my dear brother ended up abandoning another member of his family and left. And start from the part where he dumped you with me." she drawled, glaring at me. I sighed again.

"I can't tell you how my parents went missing, and I can't tell you what they were doing all these years...but it ended up costing lives. Lots of bad things are happening Aunt...and our family is involved. And I'm in the middle of it all. " I whispered. She raised her eyebrow and without a word, she took out a tab from her pocket and set it on the table. The screen projected a news article on some of the recent deaths around the world. Unknown accidents and disasters.

"This something to do with it?" she asked. I nodded quietly. She grunted and motioned her head so I could continue talking. I took a deep breath.

"Before all of this started, they had a job. A job to protect people and...other things from evil."