𝐯𝐢. 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭.

'and now you're messing with me, messing with me.'— hotel , montell fish

paige kept careful eyes onto victoria. watching as she switched into various different poses as she flaunted perfectly in front of the camera. every movement came naturally to her as if she was born for this exact position. it was hard not to be envious of such a person.

victoria was good at everything she did. which is partly why paige hated her. jealous of just how easy things came to girl. like God had brought her onto this earth to reticule paige.

noa manoeuvred the camera, victoria following it into direct eye line as they shot a few more photos before victoria changed into the next outfit. she stood onto the side, watching as paige went up in front of the camera.

her tall build accentuated in the baggy clothes and tight tops that noa had styled the blonde in. victoria analysed her. from head to toe paige knew exactly what to do. the way to tilt her head and smile at the camera. which way her hair should be moved and where to look. the camera loved her. she had this alluring demeanour about her without any words needed. she dripped with charm and confidence it was impossible to not he drawn in.

victoria hated her. but she had to admit that she wasn't the hardest person to look at.

alright victoria can you get dressed and then come into the next shot and we can be done for the day. noa sighed, looking down at her camera with a satisfied smile.

victoria nodded, grabbing her clothes before heading towards the bathrooms.

paige took this few minute interval to sit in silence. she pondered on victoria. how in high school they were both so sure there was nothing that could happen that would ever make them hate each other. now they couldn't even look at each other without a frown.

paige will never admit that she was in the wrong. even though a small part of her knew it was. but in her mind it was to protect herself and her career. that what she said was to benefit both of them and victoria couldn't see that. being too selfish to see fit for only herself. victoria never gave her a chance to explain, granted it was rightfully so. their could've been different. but it also could've been different if paige didn't do what she did.

"wow aren't you a vision." noa gasped at the sight of victoria. playfully winking as walked passed with a smitten grin.

if it wasn't victoria paige would say she looked gorgeous. but it is victoria so she looked just above average at the very least.

"okay paige, i want you to lean your head on victoria's. and victoria i want you to slightly tilt your head down and look away from the camera. paige lightly put your arm around victoria's waist—ok good." noa had the two stand like that for at least 3 minutes. it was awkward, painfully awkward.

paige barely held her arm around victoria as if she was repellent. she kept a small gap between their head but close enough that it was apparent in the photos. there was clear tension in their bodies as they staggered at every motion. bodies stiff as they desperately tried everything to avoid touching each other. even when noa made it impossible they still managed to get their was as per usual.

noa was well aware of what she was doing. all she wanted was for them to loosen up and somehow build a bond. but they have not spared a single word to one another. not even a snide remark or insult. the quietness made it worse.

by now it was blatant the two were getting sick of being in each others presence. so to save the day noa waved paige off, thanking her for her contribution. the blonde rained her praises before running off back to her car to complain the whole way home to azzi and aubrey.

"see, that wasn't so bad was it?" noa turned to face victoria who shook her head quickly. scoffing as she slipped her jumper off from her shoulders.

"never again please." victoria said, her voice was genuine. crackled with a broken depth as she released a shallow breath. closing the boot before entering the passenger side with tired eyes.

"i know, never again. but i did get some good photos. one where you guys actually look like you like each other." noa laughed before packing her equipment away carefully.

"oh ew. delete them."

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

it was weird. the feeling that seemingly grew within paige. that same disgust that hallowed her body when she thought of victoria. thought this time felt different. a retraction of nerves sparked at her fingertips, igniting her chest into an infinite flurry of emotions.

she laid on the couch, mindlessly staring at the tv as she pondered further into the feeling. one that held a sense of familiarity just as it did in high school. as soon as she came to this conclusion, paige was quick to shrug it off with a scoff.

shaking her head slowly at the mere thought of it.

"the photoshoot looked like it went well?" azzi huffed, unscrewing her water bottle as she took the empty seat beside the blonde. who was too far in her own head to respond.

"...i guess not as well as i thought." azzi chuckled, leaning her head back against the wall still staring at her best friend with curious eyes.

"okay, good chat. i love talking to you too." azzi joked, breaking the trance that had caught paige. who blinked quickly before turning to connect their gaze. a small smile replaced her stoic face as she nodded, unsure of what azzi had exactly said.

"oh? so you're admitting you like victoria?" azzi teased, laughing at the frantic state of her best friend as she wasted no time to defend herself. replying with an array of retorts and audible gagging to exaggerate her denies.

"fuck no. i think i just puked a little in my mouth." paige held her throat in dramatics.

it was ironic for paige to be acting this way. considering that liking victoria wasn't completely a lie a few years ago.

"whatever you say p." azzi trailed her eyes back towards the tv. ignoring the enraged eyes the followed her every movement.

"you should've seen her. she's such a fucking show off and she genuinely believes she's better than everyone." paige rambled, anger evident in every syllable as she crinkled her brows in frustration the more she spoke about the topic.

"well if i had that many articles written about me saying just how good i was i would think that too. i think you're just mad p because you two are basically the same." azzi stated truthfully. it didn't take an expert to decipher their relationship. their problems will never be resolved as long as they both stay stubborn. neither want to give in first so instead they continue their feud until one gives in.

paige hates to lose but so does victoria.

"we are completely different." paige rolled her eyes to the side, crossing her arms tightly over her chest childishly.

"oh really? you're both stubborn, confident, competitive and lets not forget two of the biggest names in college womens basketball right now. i'm not sure i would say completely different." azzi took a slow sip from her bottle as she glanced at paige. her mouth agape as she mustered something to say yet not reply could be found as she sat dumbfounded at the clearly true statements.

"whatever."