Chapter Twelve

Nick and I spent two months opening all of our wedding gifts, packing them away, and writing all of our ‘thank you’ letters to everybody. Only once that was done, we started packing and left for our honeymoon. We could not believe that it took us that long to get everything settled but it seemed better to sort it out beforehand. Otherwise, we would have had to deal with all that and unpacking after travelling for one or two months. We have no idea how long we would like to be away on honeymoon yet. Our first stop was going to Paris, France. We had so much fun having the most divine pasta, chocolate-filled croissants, and all kinds of other pastries. We also saw a bunch of the sights including the Eifel tower, which I know is cliché, but we just had to do it. We also locked our love for eternity at the Love Lock Bridge. It was such a special moment because we did it whilst there was such a majestic-looking sunset going on at the same time. Then we left after a week to go to London. It was snowing so much but it was a heart-warming experience. It reminded me of the first vacation Nick and I ever took together at that holiday cabin. We not only got to kiss in the snow, but we also went to see the set of Harry Potter. We got to buy all sorts of things such as wands, sweets, and some drinks that we saw from the movies. Both of us got full outfits of our favourite house, Slytherin. Plus, we look hot as hell in black and green. We even got to have a glimpse at the royal palace, or is it a castle? Either way, we got to see it, but we were obviously not walking on the actual grounds. It was breath-taking to see. Nick and I adore Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, we wished more than anything that we could meet them, but they don’t live in England anymore. London held an even more special place in our hearts because it was one of the first places we said we would want to visit one day when we were at the festival where we met. Then we went to Mexico and let me tell you, there is nothing like their tacos and tequila. NOTHING. It was perfection! After that, we went to Chicago so my adorable husband could fulfil his dream of trying a deep-dish pizza from Chicago. I tried it but it is definitely not a favourite of mine. It tastes more like a saucy, cheesy pie than a pizza. However, Nick was having the time of his life with eating it. I have said it before and I will say it again, I like my pizza to be thin crusted with tons of cheese and extra feta! Nick was not surprised to see my reaction to the deep-dish pizza, so he had already ordered what I like in advance to surprise me. After that, we left for Australia. It was really hot over there. To be honest, I was terrified at first because the friends we have that had visited Australia told us that there were snakes slithering everywhere they went, and that they would have gigantic spiders in every room of their holiday houses they stayed in. It was a huge relief that it was not the case for our stay there. We had so much fun going surfing. Okay, we are not the best at surfing, but we had an instructor showing us what to do. We had the most delicious grilled steak, and it was the first time I had ever tried tomato soup. It was surprisingly pretty great. Nick was excited to try all the seafood they had at the restaurants but for some reason, I was not in the mood for it at all. I was more interested in the soup because then I could eat them with freshly baked garlic bread with melted butter. I tried tomato soup, onion soup, but I was too grossed out to try clam chowder. There was just this nausea coming through every time I held seafood close to my face. Not too long after our trip in Australia, we then left for our final destination which was Bora Bora. It was the best way to end our honeymoon because the place was so peaceful and serene. We spent most of our time relaxing in the Cabana’s, watching the beautiful island views, and having a swim in the pool we had. We took so many pictures together and the weather was just incredible all the time. It was almost as if God knew that we were going to be here, so he gave us the absolute best weather to thoroughly enjoy as a newlywed couple. When we were relaxing, the staff brought us some snacks to enjoy as we celebrate our honeymoon. It was lemonade with mint, lime, and extra shaved ice. There was nothing like our time together in Bora Bora. When we arrived, there was rose petals all on the bed in the shape of a heart with a sweet card to congratulate the Mr and Mrs. Plus we had the most amazing bath together with rose petals and bubble bath. The feeling of being in such a wonderful place made us not want to ever leave but we knew that we had to go home at some point. Especially because we were able to sleep in late and there were no loud noises at all. (Michelle): “Imagine if we got married here. What would that have been like?” (Nick): “Baby, we never would have left, and it would have been noisier with all the wedding guests that we had”

All of that was true because with one hundred and twenty guests, it would have been an actual nightmare. Holding Nick’s hand still makes my heart ache. At least reliving our happiest times makes it a fraction easier. We really had a blast on our honeymoon because it was just the two of us. We had come home to our new house where we had packed all the gifts away. Once we finished unpacking, we started getting our deliveries of our new furniture right on time. All the walls had been painted, the kitchen was updated, the bathrooms were renovated, the flooring was renovated, the roof was redone and painted, all the window frames had been redone, and the fireplaces were redone. It looked so perfect and then the guys came over with all our new furniture. (Michelle): “We were only back for a couple hours, and we were already picking out where we would hang our framed pictures of us together. We were talking about how the girls would play in the pool and how badly we wanted a fancy coffee machine for when we are too lazy to go out and buy one. When you are ready to come home, everyone who loves you will be right here. Always” I kiss him and walk out of the hospital room. He will wake up. Even if the doctors keep asking me to consider ‘other options’ which is bullshit.