Chapter 1

Justine's POV

Partying is my way of releasing stress. I started going out to parties when I was in College and I continued to do so until now. I am a social person but I do not sleep around. I could say that I am conservative with how I dislike physical contact without being in a relationship. I do not believe in love for I have not encountered it yet.

Jun, who was my best friend, always tells me to open my heart to anyone and I might find the person who I was looking for.

Well, I could not open a heart that is not close in the first place, could I?

As long as my heart beats for someone then that is the time that I will believe in love.

Jun and I are sitting together at a table in a club named Moonlight one beautiful evening. He wanted to drink because the CEO of the company where he is currently signed under, which happened to be my boss of five years, is hiding from him. He told me that he just threw him a party the other night in celebration for his debut as a professional model and now he could not find him.

"Have you tried going to his house?" I asked absentmindedly while looking around the place.

I was starting to get bored by how uneventful this place was. I do not see any people dancing on the floor or people kissing.

Maybe because it is too early?

I was so focused on what I was doing that I slightly jumped when Jun suddenly stood up.

"Right! How could I not think of that?" He exclaimed.

"Well, now that you know what to do, can we drink these beers and then leave? It's boring here." I complained and started chugging up the contents of the bottles on our table.

"Wait until that person comes!" Jun commented and grinned at me before drinking his beer.

I raised my brow at him thinking that he is being overly hype again.

And then all of a sudden, loud music erupted and the previously silent club goers simultaneously stood up while whispering to each other excitedly.

It was like the club suddenly got electrocuted and came back to life. I could sense the anticipation of what was about to happen.

"Are you ready to party?" Someone hollered over the microphone and the people shouted their answers back.

I stood up, getting ready to dance with the tasteful music of the DJ. I felt Jun standing up as well and we both grinned at each other while feeling excited because of the beat of the music.

"Come on. Let's dance!" The DJ ordered before going into his elements.

When Jun and I went to the dance floor to dance, that was the chance that I got to see the man behind the microphone. He has a small frame but he has muscles and he looks good.

He is wearing streetwear and his eyebrows are cut in the middle for styling purposes. His hair is styled perfectly like he was an action star.

This is how a typical playboy looks. I thought.

I decided to ignore him and just dance with the music. I could not deny that he has a great taste in music. I shook my head and moved my body to the beat of the music. The people on the dance floor as well as Jun and I danced while losing ourselves to the music and the rhythm. All of us were having the best time of our lives.

After the DJ's setlist was over, the dancing crowd went back to their table to finish their drinks and possibly wait for another DJ to play their setlist. Jun and I went back to our table and drank the remaining beer.