Chapter 11

Joshua's POV

Justine's routine has become familiar to me with how frequently I have slept over to his house before. He usually wakes up at seven in the morning and then he will prepare for work for thirty minutes. He will eat breakfast afterwards before leaving for work which always lasts for another thirty minutes.

With this in mind, I decided to wake up at six in the morning so I could leave before he wakes up. I do not want to see him again because all I feel is anger and frustration towards him.

I blame him for making me fall for him and breaking my heart afterwards. I know that this was nothing but foolishness but I couldn't help but to feel this way.

After cooking for his breakfast, I grabbed my car keys and my wallet from the door table. Then, I closed the door of my penthouse after looking at Justine's bedroom door one more time.

I spent the whole week partying, drinking and sleeping around. I woke up early in the morning even though my head was aching due to a hangover so I could avoid any encounter with him. And then, I will go home only when it is almost midnight when he is already sleeping.

A week after my last encounter with Justine, I joined Ash and his other friends in a club one night. One of his friends was a woman named Diana and she obviously flirted her way to me. She deliberately made me drunk and I let her do what she wanted. She even took advantage of my drunkenness by kissing me passionately.

I do not know when I started kissing her back but I found myself welcoming her advances. She then asked if we could go somewhere else to continue what we were doing. Because of my desire to get my anger and my pain across him, I agreed to her request.

I wanted to let him see me whoring around.

I also wanted to see if he really does not care.

So, without thinking twice, I let her drive my car towards my penthouse. She must have been totally in the mood because she had already attacked my mouth even if we had not reached the door of my penthouse yet.

I welcomed her and kissed her back while guiding us towards the door. I absentmindedly entered my passcode and entered the place with her body clutched on mine.

When we entered my house, I could imagine his face looking at me as if he was telling me to stop this foolishness.

I groped her legs and pulled her to mine to deny my thoughts.

He said he doesn't care if he sees me doing these. Let's see if he is being truthful. I seething told myself before turning my head to deepen the kiss.

My eyes wandered inside the place absentmindedly and at first, I thought I was just imagining things. But when I looked at the living room again, I saw him sitting on the sofa while looking in our direction.

I pushed the woman away like I was burnt and hurriedly waved my hands to the sensor to turn the lights on and check if it was really him.

I carefully approached him whilst not being sure on what to do and what to feel.

Maybe I wanted to apologize for what I have done when I saw his face full of pain and his eyes moist with tears.

I felt the blood on my face suddenly drain because of realization.

How could I be so consumed with my own feelings and forget that before everything else, he is my friend.

We were friends from the start and I should not ruin it just because of my unreciprocated love towards him.

"Sorry to disturb your intimate moment." He spat accusingly and his voice was full of pain.

Hearing his voice made me regret everything.