Chapter 13

Justine's POV

Felipe and Jun's break up did not only affect them, it had also affected the people who are close to them. Even if Joshua does not say directly, he definitely supports Felipe and his decisions, much to my dismay.

As much as possible, I do not want to acknowledge our differences in opinion regarding our friends' break up. Because I know that once I start to talk about it, we will end up arguing and much worse.

Now, we are both sitting across from one another at the kitchen table with the wedding invitation in each of our hands. I continued on staring at the card with pursed lips because of sadness.

I was finally convinced that Felipe and Jun's relationship was over the moment that I saw the wedding invitation.

My friend of almost twenty years must have been dying inside now because of the break up. He deeply loves Felipe and he could die for him, as he had always told me. And now that Felipe chose another woman, even if it was just for a temporary set up, I could imagine Jun's heart breaking into pieces.

Jun tends to keep his pain and worries to himself and so I learned how to read his face so I could read his mind. He never asked for someone else's help even if he will end up broken.

I will kill Felipe if something ever happens to him. I promised myself.

Joshua cleared his throat while looking at the card. I absentmindedly read the writings on the card, not really caring what was on it when my eyes caught his name.

"Best man. Really?" I asked in disbelief.

He must have known his part in this damnable wedding already and he just chose to keep it from me.

"Paulo cannot stand as his best man, so I had to take the part." He reasoned out without looking at me.

With his words, I then realized that he was originally a friend of Felipe and that it made sense for him to stand on the altar with him.

I sighed in defeat before placing the card on the table and headed towards the living room.

I hate the feeling of helplessness.

I would like to do something for them because they are both my friends but I do not know how.

I sat on the sofa and leaned on the recliner to look at the ceiling. I felt Joshua sitting beside me and he leaned on my shoulder while intertwining our hands together.

Comfort and warmth is what he always gives me and that always makes me grateful. I leaned on his head afterwards while linking our arms together. We both watched our hands holding together and I wished that our relationship, whatever it was, would not change.

"Just don't let Jun witness the wedding with his own eyes. It will literally kill him." I murmured.

"Okay." He replied while nodding.

The following day, I received a call from Lila, my secretary, that one of our exclusive models breach their contract by appearing for an interview with another magazine company. I asked who it was specifically and she hesitantly revealed that it was Jun.

"He would never do that!" I exclaimed in denial.

She then told me that she will send me an email as well as the picture that Jun had supposedly taken for the interview.

When I saw the said pictures with my own eyes, I immediately realized that Jun had taken a drastic move as an act of rebellion. He must have done this out of defiance.

However, this is a serious breach of contract and he should not do this again. So, I hurriedly dialed his number and when he answered the phone he sounded somewhat lifeless. Like he was not the friend that I used to know.