Chapter 9

Joshua's POV

"Let's be friends again because I miss your presence too." He whispered.

My heart swells with joy and I could not help myself but to hug him tightly.

Thank you for letting me back as your friend.

Then, a lone tear fell from my eyes along with my hopes of having his heart as mine.

The club where I first saw Justine invited me as the main DJ again that night. It has been a month since Justine and I's relationship reconnected and we are still kind of awkward with each other.

I realized that the best way in rekindling a relationship is by doing something that we both love. And that was the love for online games and partying.

So, with this opportunity knocking on my door, I quickly grabbed it and invited Justine to join me as my special guest. He thankfully accepted and promised that he would come as soon as he could.

I was already on the stage while playing the remixes that I personally created and watched the crowd dance to the beat of my music.

DJing is a very fulfilling job to have. Seeing the crowd moving by what you are playing makes you feel like a maestro in the orchestra who commands the show.

I was on my second song when I noticed Justine entering the club. He was wearing a denim jacket with a black shirt underneath and a black cargo pants paired with a white sneakers. He looked like a typical boy next door with this kind of outfit and I unexpectedly liked it.

He waved at me before sitting at the table that I reserved for him and I waved back.

I found myself itching to end my setlist so I could join him already.

When my setlist was finally done, I hurriedly went down the stage and headed in his direction. I paused abruptly when I saw him talking to a woman in a tight fitting dress and she was obviously flirting with him. I was irritated to say the least and that would easily translate to my face, unfortunately.

He saw me standing a few feet from his table and when he saw me he waved at me enthusiastically, like he was excited to see me. When I saw how he intentionally ignored the woman and chose to acknowledge me instead made me happy.

I walked past the woman and sat across Justine at the table. Then I looked at the woman with a raised brow as if asking her if she still has business with Justine.

She glared at me before leaving our table and I almost smiled widely. Justine thankfully did not notice my exchanges with that woman because he was busy looking at his phone.

When he was done with what he was doing, he hid his phone back in his pant's pocket and he placed his hands on the table, like he means business.

We spent the night drinking, chatting and joking around. He looked so carefree and happy and I could not ask for anything more than this. We ended the night when it was almost twelve and I asked if I could sleep over.

Even if I was visiting him again, I did not sleep in his house anymore. I could not find the courage to stay longer than needed because of the awkwardness between us.

And now that the awkwardness is gone, I muster my courage up and ask to sleep in his house again. He paused for a moment when he heard me but he eventually agreed with a smile.

We rode in each other's car and parked side by side in the parking lot of the condo building where his condo was located. We walked side by side from the parking lot towards the elevator and then to the hallway to his condo unit.