Chapter 12

Justine's POV

He finally arrived in his car and we had no choice but to ride with him. Unfortunately, he decided to drive recklessly again. I figured then that he was drunk or he might have acted out of defiance because of my attitude towards him this morning.

He really holds grudges is he not? I exclaimed inwardly while fearing for my life again.

That night, we did our best to distract Jun and made his night nothing but fun. He stared blankly to nowhere every now and then but thankfully he became so drunk that he forgot what happened a few hours ago.

Joshua asked me to join him on the dance floor once we saw him too drunk to the point of passing out. Seeing no harm in leaving him for a few minutes, I eventually accepted Joshua's invitation and we both went out of the room to have fun.

Jun will not go anywhere in that state anyway.

Joshua and I were walking side by side towards the dance floor when we noticed his friends standing by the door of another VIP room. We approached them and Joshua asked what was happening.

"Paulo and Felipe are arguing inside-"

We suddenly heard the sound of glasses shattering inside followed by shouts of protest and another loud banging. Joshua hurriedly opened the door and what we witnessed made me stare in horror.

Felipe was bleeding hard and Paulo was on top of him while beating the crap out of him. Joshua quickly restrained Paulo and dragged him out of Felipe and I, in turn, went to Felipe's side to help him up.

We found out what their disagreements were after Felipe explained everything. I found myself hating Felipe for letting that happen, making me hit him on the face.

Can he not think of something else instead of hurting my friend?

We left him after agreeing to his request and I decided then that I will not let him hurt my friend again. He needs to come out with a better solution or I will make sure that he will not see Jun again.

Joshua and I decided to dance and forget about everything that had happened. We are both affected by their relationship being broken because both of them are our friends.

I just hope that this is just one of their many break ups. I silently wished.

I was just starting to enjoy the music when all of a sudden my mood shifted again because of what I saw next. There she was, Margaret, who I secretly envied and jealous of, dancing flirtatiously on the dance floor just a few feet from us.

She immediately approached us the moment she saw us. Joshua infuriatingly entertained her and even whispered something to her which made her laugh out loud.

If their goal is to make me jealous, then they are successful! I seethed and without a word stomped my feet away from them.

I could hear Joshua calling out for me but I continuously ignored him and headed towards the stairs to get to the second floor where the VIP rooms are located. I decided to get Jun so we can leave this place together as soon as we possibly could.

However, Jun was not in the room anymore. Thinking that he must have come home by himself because this was not the first time of him doing so, I started for the stairs again to get to the club's exit when I was being stopped by Joshua.

He was glaring at me and his lips are pursed like he does not like how I acted. I glared back at him and was determined to not back down this time. He sighed in defeat when he realized that I was too stubborn for him.

Then he placed his hands on each of my shoulders and smiled at me like he was trying to pacify me.

"What upsets you now? Please tell me so we can fix it." He slowly and carefully asked me and in this aspect, I respect him truly.