Chapter 3

Joshua's POV

"Baby, I will be in the club tonight. See you!" Margaret, my girlfriend of one year, said over the phone.

She called me just before I entered the club where I will be DJing tonight.

"Okay." I answered briefly and ended the call abruptly without saying goodbye.

Unlike the first few months of our relationship, my love for her seems to have died down. My previous girlfriends had left me because of my cold treatment and I could not blame them. I could not understand why I could not commit to a relationship longer than a year.

Margaret's timeline as my girlfriend for one year is over and I am surprised that she is still holding on.

I do not want to be rude to her and end the relationship myself, so, as much as possible I want her to initiate the break-up. I am aware that people perceive me as a player or bad boy but I only do what my heart tells me to.

I entered the club and the manager of the club instantly recognized me. He greeted me by the door and guided me to one of the VIP rooms on the third floor. When we were climbing the stairs, I noticed Jun, the top model of my friend Felipe's modeling agency, was sitting at one of the tables near the bar.

I was about to call out to get his attention when I noticed that someone was with him. I do not recognize that person and if he was at the party the other night, I must have been busy flirting around to notice him.

I paused by the stairs landing to observe him more. There is something in him that attracts me and I would like to know what it was. I looked over his dainty but manly face and saw how his brows furrowed while looking around the place. It was as if he was kind of bored or something.

He said something to Jun and it made Jun stand up. His reaction when that happened made me smile. His face jerked a little and his mouth slightly opened in shock.

He must have been too preoccupied with what he was thinking to be surprised by Jun. I thought while still looking at him.

"Your setlist is the main event tonight. You still have two hours for your scheduled performance." The manager told me to remind me about my schedule.

I nodded and was about to climb the stairs when I noticed that Jun's friend was emptying the bottles on the table like it was his mission. Like he was preparing to leave the place.

I do not know why I felt the need to stop him from leaving and I just realized that I am already walking straight to the DJ mixing board on the stage. I grabbed the microphone and inhaled deeply to prepare myself for shouting.

"Are you ready to party!" I shouted over the microphone.

The club suddenly came back to life and I saw how the club patrons started to come to the dance floor just below the stage.

The manager of the club, though taken aback at first, is now giving me an approving look. He must have liked how I stopped the other club goers that were supposed to leave before I started my setlist.

"Come on. Let's dance!" I hollered before starting my set.

I was playing with the beat using the mixer box when I noticed Jun and his companion joining the dancing crowd on the dance floor. In my peripheral vision, I saw how his friend looked at me from head down and I could not help but to be self conscious. I was even thankful for having my hair done tonight.

However, he did not look at me again and it made me disappointed. I do not want to make anyone notice my change of mood so I just focused on my job and made the people dance.