Chapter 2

Marjorie, Autumn, and Winter all sat in Marjorie's office, Autumn and Winter having just broken the news.

"Wait a minute, let me get this straight. You guys went in there, planning to adopt just one or two kids, and came out with an agreement to adopt six instead? How on earth did that happen?" Marjorie blurted in shock.

"Well, you see, when we saw just how few children were being adopted, especially those older than about seven, we simply decided that we needed to adopt more. And I have to say I'm jolly well pleased with our choice, aren't you, my sweet?" answered Winter.

"Positively thrilled" remarked Autumn dryly. Deep down, she was ecstatic, but she wasn't letting it show. She never did.

""They're being dropped off on the third, so we have just enough time to prepare" Winter stated matter-of-factly. "Now, if you'll excuse us, I believe we all have some work to be getting on with".

"Oh, yes, of course, err, right, ok then" responded Marjorie.

They exited the office together, left Winter in the rooms, then headed back to the office together.

"You're actually happy about this?" Marjorie checked with Autumn, sitting down at her desk.

"It was my idea" Autumn replied softly.