Chapter 16

About a week later, Autumn and Winter had invited Marjorie, Charlotte, Reece, Mia, Sorsha, Carly, Cloudagh, and everyone's children out for dinner. This was because it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce everyone, now that their children were slightly more settled. And since Charlotte's children were a similar age to their youngest four, it would be a great opportunity for them to potentially make friends with them.

"Kids, let's go!" Winter shouted from the living room, holding his wife's hand and dragging an arm around her shoulders. She looked stunningly perfect, as always.

Their children came into the living room, all dressed up in fancy new clothes, the girls wearing dresses. Emma was wearing a dark red dress with matching high heels. Sasha was wearing a sparkly navy dress with some smaller heels; and Harriet was wearing a pink sparkly dress with matching low heels. They all looked incredible.

They got to dinner, and saw Marjorie and Reece already sat at the table, waiting for them. Upon seeing them, they stood up, and Marjorie ran over to give them all a hug, except for Autumn, who had always rejected them. She stood there for a moment, ushering them all to sit down.

"Marjorie?" Autumn asked, her voice soft.

"Yes, Autumn?" she replied.

"You know when I had my...miscarriage...and you gave me that hug?"

"Yes, of course I do".

"It's been a long week... if you don't mind... I'd like another hug".

""Marjorie's eyes welled up with happy tears as she gave her a hug.

Everyone got along really well that night, especially the children.

Issac ate a big bowl of chips.

Autumn didn't have to force herself not to drink too much.

At the end of the evening, they all went home, happy, sober, and stronger than ever.