Chapter 6

"Are you ready, my sweet?" asked Winter, looking lovingly over at his wife.

"Almost, my love" Autumn responded, grabbing a carton of milk from the fridge and taking a few sips before replacing it.

"Now I am".

They headed out, taking a taxi case either of them consumed enough alcohol to render them unable to drive.

When they got there, Marjorie was already sat at a table, waiting for them, with two bottles of wine and six glasses set out waiting for them, one of which Marjorie was already drinking from.

Upon seeing Autumn and Winter, Marjorie stood up and came over to greet them.

They sat down at the table together, Winter pouring himself a small glass of wine and Autumn pouring herself a slightly larger one. Neither of them were planning on getting too drunk, in order to properly welcome their new children tomorrow afternoon.

The next to arrive was Reece, who immediately sat down next to Marjorie and put his arm around her, which Winter would've done for Autumn, except she didn't appreciate that sort of thing outside of their own home. Reece had arrived after Marjorie because he'd had a few errands to run.

Charlotte arrived next. Then, last was Sorsha, who could only stay for a few drinks before she needed to head back to Clodagh and Quinn.

They all sat down together, laughing and joking about a variety of things.

"So, are you guys excited?" asked Charlotte, turning to face Autumn and Winter. Autumn set down her glass, which was now her third glass of wine.

"Yes, we are" she replied, looking lovingly up at Winter.

"We can't wait" Winter added, beaming up at her.

Autumn topped up her glass again, and Marjorie followed suit, starting her second glass of wine for the evening.

"Baby Quinn is actually being really stressful at the moment" Sorsha complained, still steadily sipping her way through her first and only glass. She was determined not to get drunk so she could still help Clodagh out with baby Quinn. "Although she is sleeping through the night now, so that's a bonus".

"Well that's good" replied Charlotte.

"Good to hear you've been getting some more sleep then" added Marjorie.

"Yeah" replied Sorsha.

And so the evening continued.