Chapter 5

05. Flag (2)

"....."

After the lesson, it was time for the end-of-month self-evaluation practice. Normally, team members would have gathered together to share opinions and practice in preparation for the end-of-month evaluation... But our team, except for Lee A-ram and Kim Jung-hyun, was just staring into space. The reason was simple.

"So what are we going to do?"

"What have you heard so far? Let's redistribute the parts?"

Because those two had no intention of ending the conversation. I looked back and forth between Lee A-ram and Kim Jung-hyun. It was so cold between them that it was almost chilling.

"No, what I'm saying is, the parts are distributed fairly now, so why do we have to redistribute them?"

"Ha... That doesn't make sense. I am not saying we should redistribute them because there's a problem."

The one who frowned and said to go with the part as it was was Lee Aram, and the one who beat his chest as if frustrated and said to just redistribute the part was Kim Junghyun.

This tense standoff had been going on for an hour already.

"Um..., we should practice first... "

"You stay still."

The opinion of the guy who raised his hand timidly was ignored by Kim Junghyun. The awkward air flowed, making it suffocating.

'Is the part the problem now.....'

I wiped my face with both hands and got up from my seat. The team members' eyes were focused on me. I lightly clapped my hands during the gap.

"I am sorry for interfering."

"If you're sorry, don't intervene."

Before I could even start the engine, Kim Jung-hyun cut me off. Yeah, you punk. Let's see who wins. I suppressed my irritation and turned my face.

"But I felt like I had to intervene anyway. You know it's been an hour, right?"

"Oh, so?"

Kim Jung-hyun let out a hollow laugh. Judging by the nuance, it seemed like he meant, "Why are you interfering with me when you're a newbie?"

The old-fashioned nature that I had been holding back inside suddenly burst out, but... I held it in. If I upset him here, it'll be a disaster. What if my pride gets hurt? Since we're on the same team, I'm the one who should be the one to appease him.

"First... Hyung, why do you want to change parts?"

After meeting the leader of Ter, I practiced my speech in case I made a mistake, and it seemed to help, so I naturally called him hyung even if he was a younger trainee.

I glanced at Lee A-ram, and he was relatively quiet, crossing his arms.

"We need to know the reason too. That way, we can be convinced."

The monthly evaluation team missions are assigned songs and parts by the agency. However, unlike assigned songs, the parts are just guides like 'it would be good to do this', so the trainees can freely change them among themselves.

So if there's a good reason, changing parts is possible. Let's give him that signal and try to please him, and Kim Jung-hyun blurted out his thoughts.

"Um, I think this part doesn't suit me, so I want to change it."

"Ah................... That, part doesn't, suit you?"

..................So, the reason this situation has been happening up until now is because of the whining like, 'I can't do this, so change it'?