Get the ingredients!

Many of us want to achieve goals, we set goals for ourselves and dream of getting there. At times we focus so much on the product we forget to put ingredients in the product. What does this mean?

We need to realize that we can't just jump from point A to point Z. Let's say you want to bake a cake, a chocolate cake. What's involved in that process? You don't just decide you want a chocolate cake and it appears. Where's the logic in that? The process involves you taking out ingredients from the pantry. You've got the eggs, the flour, the sugar, the chocolate and so on.

You start to mix the pan, the oven preheated, ready for the batter to be put in. Most people love the process of baking cakes, cookies, any pastry that comes to mind. The smell fills the room, your mixing while humming a tune. You then put the cake in the oven, sighing, then smiling that you've finally finished, all that is left is to wait to enjoy the delicious treat.

Everything that I just said has everything to do with achieving a goal.

How is this so?

Let's take going to the gym for example. You have a specific goal in mind, maybe you want to look a certain way, or weigh a certain pound. You have a goal in mind you plan to achieve.

You're always telling yourself you'll go to the gym but you almost never do. You eat unhealthy, and don't drink a lot of water and just laze around. While you have a goal to get healthier, your journey is completely off course to achieve this goal. It doesn't align with what you want, making you never achieve what you want to accomplish. Then you wait and wait, and dream that one day you'll get there.

Newsflash, it doesn't matter how much you think about it and dream, it'll never happen. The reason why most people don't achieve or reach their goals is not because they're necessarily unrealistic, it's because they don't involve a journey with getting there. They just think of the goal, not the path itself.

Be the baker, have a goal in mind (the cake) and then consider what it takes to get there (the ingredients) and most importantly fall in love with the process. Be involved with the process, get the ingredients, (the resources) get the recipe, (workout videos) after you have what you need, you'll use these things in your journey. Be the baker, fall in love with the journey of making the cake instead of the cake itself.

This mentality will help you get back on track on the path you want to take and to actually stay on it. And don't worry about messing up or failing, bakers burn things too.