11

Request - Angst to Fluff

Warnings: none

Requests are open.

For the first time in a while, Tony was sleeping next to you. He spent the whole day with you, instead of being closed up in his lab, after you had to basically drag him away so he could get some rest and finally eat something. You knew he wasn't feeling well after what happened in New York, but you never actually knew just how much trauma the whole thing left on him. And you would've never known if he didn't spend that night in bed with you.

You woke up in middle of the night to noises coming from the other side of the bed. Still half asleep, you listened, trying to figure out what was going on. After a moment, you quickly sat up, realizing Tony was having a nightmare. You immediately started to shake him, trying to wake him up."Tony! Tony! Tony! Tony..."

Out of nowhere, you were grabbed by a metal hand wrapping around your throat and shoving you off Tony. You were met with one of his suits, making you gasp when you realized it wasn't letting you go. The commotion instantly woke Tony up.

"Power down!" He commanded the suit, which released you and you finally could breathe. The suit fell apart, while Tony looked at you in shock, while you were taking deep, heavy breaths.

"I- I must have called it in my sleep."He said, not moving his eyes off you. He reached out to touch you, but seeing how scared you looked, he decided against it."That's not supposed to happen. I'll recalibrate the sensors. Can we just...just let me...just let me catch my breath, okay?"

He watched you, never moving his eyes off you as you looked up at him, finally able to catch your breath.

"D-Don't go, alright? Y/N?" He questioned as you sat up more and you met his gaze.

"I'm not leaving." You assured him, and he breathed out in relief, reaching out to touch you. You looked down at his hand intertwining with yours while he placed the other hand on your back.

"I'm sorry." He whispered out and you could hear his shaky voice, which made you slightly lift yourself on your knees so you could pull him into a hug. He instantly wrapped his hands around you. "I'm so sorry. That wasn't supposed to happen. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." You whispered out, not trusting your own voice just yet. His face was buried in your neck while his hand was buried in your hair."Nothing happened."

"That wasn't supposed to happen in the first place." Tony said, squeezing you closer. "I don't want to think what would've happened if I didn't wake up." He said, leaning his forehead against yours. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you just now, Y/N. And what would've made it even worse is that it's my fault. I created those suits and they hurt you."

"But nothing happened." You interrupted him, your hands coming up to cup his face. "I'm fine. You woke up and nothing happened."

"But what if-"

"Don't think about what if. You woke up and that's what matters right now. Nothing happened."

Tony placed a kiss on your forehead, squeezing you closer once again. "Is your throat okay? Do you want me to make you some tea?"

You shook your head. "No. I just want you to hold me."

Despite your protests, he pulled away to check on you. You could see his expression changing slowly and you furrowed your eyebrows.

"What?"

"You already have a bruise." He said, not moving his eyes off your throat.

"Tony... "

"Y/N, I can't do this. I'll take you to stay in my other house until I sort myself out, okay?"

You instantly pulled him back down on the bed. "Like hell you are."

"Y/N, what if this happens again and I'm not there to stop it? I won't have anything happen to you, especially because of my suits. Until I figure out what's wrong, it would be for the best if you stay somewhere else."

"Tony, it's not going to happen again."

"How can you be so sure? This never happened before-"

"Before you started having nightmares, I know. We'll deal with this together. I'm not leaving you all alone here to deal with all of this."You said, taking his hand in yours and squeezing it. "And I know it won't happen again. I trust you. Don't ask me to leave you here alone, because I can't do that."

You gasped as he pushed you down to lay on the bed before towering above you, placing kisses all over your face."You stubborn, stubborn woman."

"That's why you love me." You said, grabbing his face and placing a peck on his lips. He pulled away, staring down at your face lovingly, as he moved away a strand of your hair before he lowered his face towards yours, giving you a long passionate kiss.

"That's right. I love you so much, sweetheart." He whispered in your ear, making you smile.

"And I love you more."

"See, that's impossible." He said as he placed a small kiss on the bruise."Because I love you more."

"Hm, I don't think it is."

"It is." He said, coming up to face you again.

"Do you want to talk about your nightmare?" You asked while running your fingers through his hair. He shook his head."Well, I don't think we're going to sleep now anyway." You said. "How about we watch a movie?"

"Way ahead of you." Tony said, holding up the TV remote and turning on the TV.

You smiled as you snuggled into his side and he held you tightly as he tried to find a movie for you two to watch. When he did, you placed your head on his chest and he kissed the top of your head as he wrapped an arm around you.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked you again, looking down at you in worry.

"I told you I'm okay, Tony." You assured him again, looking up at him and making him smile down at you.

You two spent the rest of the night snuggled up together and watching movies. The next morning, Tony immediately went to the lab to fix the issue and to make sure nothing like this happens to you again.