Chapter 15

The Sports Fest!
Part 4!

And the next match is....
"Junko Sogeki VS Momo Yaoyorozu!! Will brains outsmart brawn, or will Sogeki blast her way to victory?!"

The tension in the arena was electric as Junko Sogeki and Momo Yaoyorozu prepared for their match. The crowd buzzed with anticipation, their eyes fixed on the two combatants stepping into the center of the battlefield. The sun hung high in the sky, casting a bright light over the scene, and the burning fire in Yaoyorozu's eyes promised a challenging fight.

Junko stood in her corner, her dark brown eyes scanning the arena with a mix of confidence and determination. Her short, dark brown wolf cut framed her face as she planned to showcase her versatility, using her bazooka arms for both offense and defense.

Momo Yaoyorozu faced her from the opposite side, her demeanor calm and composed. Her quirk, Creation, allowed her to generate any non-living material from her body, making her a versatile and formidable opponent. Momo's strategy was to use her quirk to create a range of tools and weapons that could counter any attack Junko might employ.

As the match began, Momo wasted no time. She summoned a metallic staff, rotating it in her hands skilfully, prepared to use it for both offence and defense, having read right through Junko like an open book, launching it toward Junko with pinpoint accuracy. The object whizzed through the air, and Junko quickly transformed her arms into bazookas. She used them to deflect the incoming projectile, her bazooka limbs absorbing and dispersing the impact of each attack she performed.

'Did she-' was the question on everyone's minds right now, which Present Mic now spoke out loud—
"COULD IT BE? Junko Sogeki just adapted her fighting style to be more defensive!, and it seems she's using the same moves as Tetsutetsu from Class 1-B?!" Mic bellowed over from the commentator's cabin.

Junko flashed a crazed smirk, her initial defensive maneuver gave her a moment to analyze Momo's approach. The constant barrage of objects required Junko to stay on her toes. With a determined look, she decided it was time to go on the offensive. Her bazooka arms allowed her to move with surprising agility despite their size. She aimed a powerful shot directly at Momo, forcing her to create additional barriers to defend herself.

The impact of Junko's bazooka shot shook the arena, creating a ripple of excitement through the crowd. Momo's barriers held firm, but Junko's relentless assault kept her on the defensive. Momo quickly adjusted her strategy, creating a series of sharp metal blades and launching them toward Junko. The blades whizzed through the air, one grazing Junko's cheek with not so much as a wince from her, cutting through the space between them with lethal intent.

Junko's defensive bazooka limbs intercepted the blades, releasing sparks when metal scraped metal, deflecting their impact and ensuring she remained unharmed. She noted the efficiency of Momo's creations and decided to change her approach. With a swift motion, Junko transformed her arms to aim and release a shockwave, breaking through Momo's barriers and forcing her to retreat.

The arena became a whirlwind of clashing metal and explosive impacts. Momo's creations were impressive, but Junko's strategic use of her quirk allowed her to adapt quickly. As Momo rushed out of the smoke with her staff in hand, aiming for Junko's side, Junko responded with a powerful shockwave from her bazooka limbs. The shockwave sent Momo flying back, sending debris flying and exposing Momo to a direct assault.

Seizing the moment, Junko pressed her advantage. She charged forward, her bazooka arms providing both offensive power and defensive coverage. Her attacks were rapid and precise, breaking through Momo's remaining defenses. The intensity of the battle was evident as Junko's relentless pressure pushed Momo to her limits.