Chapter 28

She's the Boss!

At the League of Villains' headquarters, the atmosphere was tense but oddly domestic. Kurogiri, his form swirling with dark mist, placed a drink on the tabletop in front of Junko, who sat infront of the Bar, with her arms crossed. She glanced at the drink and frowned.

"This is strawberry," she said sharply, her voice filled with irritation. "I specifically asked for watermelon. Do I need to be kidnapped twice before I can get my drink order right?!"

Kurogiri, unphased by her scolding, simply stood silent. His lack of response only added to Junko's frustration as she rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath about villain incompetence.

Dabi, leaning casually against the wall, watched her with amused interest. He was intrigued by how utterly unbothered she seemed, despite being in the middle of enemy territory. Unlike most prisoners who would be shaking in fear or planning some escape, Junko was focusing her attention on...refreshments.

In the corner of the room, Katsuki Bakugo was strapped tightly to a chair, glaring daggers at the villains and Junko. His wrists were bound, preventing him from using his explosions, but that didn't stop him from barking at everyone in the room. "Let me out of this damn chair! I'll blow you all to pieces!" His voice was a growl, filled with fury and frustration, the restraints barely holding him back from his explosive temper.

"Shut it, Bakugo," Twice remarked from another part of the room, his split personality cutting in a moment later with, "Wait, no, don't shut it—I want to hear him explode!"

Dabi chuckled softly under his breath, shaking his head. "You think we're stupid enough to let you go?" he said to Bakugo, a smirk playing on his lips. "You'd be throwing explosions around like a rabid dog the second you're free."

Junko, however, was playing the situation differently. She knew better than to waste her energy trying to fight when she was clearly outnumbered. There was no point in going all-out when she wasn't in control. Instead, she focused on maintaining her composure, occasionally tossing a sarcastic remark or making ridiculous demands to cover her own fear and anger, like her insistence on getting the watermelon drink.

"You're way too relaxed," Dabi commented, pushing himself off the wall and stepping closer to Junko. His icy blue eyes fixed on her with curiosity. "You're either brave or stupid to be acting like this right now."

Junko glanced up at him, unbothered. "Please, if you were going to kill me, you'd have done it by now. And if you're planning to turn me into some villain puppet, well, good luck with that. Right now, the only thing I'm worried about is getting the right drink."

Bakugo, who had been listening to the conversation, scowled. "Oi, Junko! What the hell are you doing? You should be finding a way to break us out, not fussing over drinks!"

Junko turned toward him, smirking slightly. "Unlike you, Katsuki, I'm not looking to start a brawl I can't win. Let them think I'm not a threat. It'll be more fun to surprise them later." Her voice was calm, quiet enough for only Katsuki to hear, but there was a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Bakugo grumbled in frustration but said nothing more. He hated being tied up and powerless, but he couldn't argue with Junko's approach. They both knew they needed to bide their time.

Dabi, being close to Junko, had heard what she said to Bakugo, impressed and still intrigued by Junko's cool demeanor, he raised an eyebrow. "Interesting strategy. Too bad you're stuck here either way."

Junko shrugged. "We'll see about that. In the meantime, someone better get me that watermelon refresher, or you're going to wish you had."

Junko sat back in her chair, crossing her arms with a smirk that screamed both mischief and defiance. The League of Villains' hideout was dimly lit, cluttered, and far from the five-star accommodations she clearly thought she deserved. Her eyes shifted between the villains, sizing them up.