1989

With a slight groan, Marta dropped onto the couch after placing the two plates in front of her on the table. Actually, the kitchen table would have been the better place to eat, and at least for breakfast they usually sat there. It was more comfortable there than at the dining table. And somehow Marta had always preferred to sit in a warm kitchen rather than at a dining table, even though this kitchen was significantly smaller than the one at the finca. But for two people, it was still big enough. And when friends came to visit, the larger dining table also became a warm place - which also distinguished it from the dining table at the finca, where Fina had hardly ever sat.

"Why exactly don't we eat at the kitchen table, like civilized people?" Marta pointed in the direction of the kitchen.
"I prepared the meal, I can decide where we eat." Fina also dropped onto the couch, but didn't let out a groan. "And on the couch, I can just go ahead and cuddle with you as soon as we've finished dining. That satisfies two needs at once, so to speak." She gave Marta a kiss on the cheek, grinning, which made her utter a grumbling sound. "You forgot the sauce, though."
Marta sighed. "You know, by the time I get up and come back from the kitchen, your food will be cold. And it's for moments like these that I'm with a younger woman."
"For moments like these?"
"Sí. So that at my age I can still admire your hot ass while you get the sauce from the kitchen and my saggy ass can stay here."
"Should I also bring you your glasses so that you can sufficiently admire the hot ass?" Fina grinned.
"Ay, mujer, let me eat something first before you start with the indecent proposals."
Fina nodded, grinned, stood up and yet provocatively wiggled her ass.
"Querida, I can see that without glasses."
"I know, mi amor, I know," Fina purred and disappeared into the kitchen. "Apparently Mari Trini is appearing in a show tonight. I'm not sure if that's true, though," Fina said when she came back a few seconds later, a bottle in her hand.

"That you still like her..."
Fina made a dancing movement. "I'm not who you thought I was. The white dove that dances on the water for you. The one who laughs for nothing and says yes to everything. That girl, yes, no. That's not me," Fina hummed, smiling.
"I've known that fact for a long time, mi amor..." Marta pulled on Fina's arm, and Fina smiled as she dropped onto the couch at Marta's side. She gently stroked Marta's face, then opened her lips and gave her a long kiss.
"I know you know..." she said when she broke away from Marta's mouth for a brief moment.

Then she leaned forward again, but Marta gently released Fina's hands from her face, kissed the palms, and looked at her: "First food, mujer, then... the other hunger..."
Fina's playful pout drew a smile from Marta.

"Maybe I should look for a younger woman. As far as I remember, they have rather different priorities. And our new assistant seems to be very eager."
"In my experience, Fina, assistants can be very demanding. You should think twice about whether you really have the energy for two women. You won't get rid of me."
"Is that so?"
"Mhm... mhm..." This time it was Marta who pulled Fina towards her and kissed her. "My jealousy isn't so great, though, that I would forget to enjoy my meal," she finally said and leaned forward to her plate.
"All right then," Fina agreed, reaching for the remote control and turning on the TV. "Speaking of the assistant," she said, after she had taken a first bite herself. "She's bringing the papers by tomorrow morning so we don't have to go to the office in Toledo."
"Ay, Fina. No work from dinner time, you know the rule."
"Sí, sí. I'm only telling you so you know that we can sleep a little longer tomorrow." And added, without looking at Marta: "And we will have time to shower together." She didn't have to turn to the see that Marta was smiling.

"Bueno, then I am relieved of my marital duties for today?"
"Of your marital duties?" Fina laughed. "Since you ask: No."
"You see, younger women are demanding."
"I'll show you later how demanding. Go on, eat, so you keep your strength up."
It remained quiet next to her, and she didn't hear the clatter of the fork on Marta's plate either. Fina grinned contentedly. The moments when Marta didn't have an answer ready and at the same time this tension was in the air... She was glad that they still had that. That they got it back.