Prolouge

The sound of the bare feet could be heard in the air. If anypony was to interrupt their activities they would've noticed a small purple dragon running across the street.

Nevertheless the chance of the inhabitants paying attention to something so 'low' and 'mundane' was close to zero. Not because dragons were such a common sight in the city.

It was because the city in question was Canterlot. The capital of Equestria. Their matters were well above the matters of common ponyfolk.

But it wasn't important to the dragon. What mattered to him was finding his brother. With the constant high speed he finally reached their estate. A Yellow mare with blue mane greeted him.

"Hello there Spike."

"Hi mom!" He quickly replied to the mare while running past her. Young reptile run upstairs, to the highest tower in the residence.

Upon arriving he entered the room. It was dimly lit by one balcony window. All of the interior was covered in all manner of books stuck on top of each other and cobwebs.

It would've been completely empty, if it wasn't for a young yellow unicorn that looked strikingly similar to the mare Spike run by earlier. If it wasn't for the fact that this was a stallion.

The pony in question was peacefully napping on one of his books. Drool coming out of his mouth and leaving stains on the paper.

"Comet!" Spike shouted, which caused the equine to get up violently.

"Whass dis allbout?" He slurred his speech slightly.

"I've just got a letter from Celestia! She wanted to see you in fifteen minutes, but it took me five to get here!"

Stallion was immediately awake. He used his aura to put the young drake on his back.

"Wow. A free ride? Nice!"

"Don't get too used to it. It's an emergency."

With that the pony galloped out of his house and started heading towards the royal palace. On some point during the journey both of them noticed they were getting close to a group of ponies. Spike remembered them as Lemon Hearts, Twinkle Shine and Minuette. The three of them were talking until Minuette noticed the duo.

"Hi comet! We three were wondering-"

"No time! Sorry girls!" And with that he ran past them without even looking.

He went upstairs.

Turn right, left, right, up, down. Finally he was in the west wing.

That was it. The throne room.

With that comet entered the massive chamber. Inside of it, on the throne resided the aged ruler of Equestria. Of course you wouldn't be able to tell that due to the fact that princess looked thirty for the past few millennia.

Stallion bowed before his mentor and teacher.

"Your majesty, you summoned me."

Princess smiled warmly.

"At ease my hard-working student. I summoned you because we need to discuss a very pressing matter involving."

Comet gulped audibly. "Alright You Majesty. What is it? Am I banished? Was my latest assignment not up to your standards? Have you decided to demote me to your usual student and make Twilight your protege instead?"

Celestia laughed. "No, although if I had to name my protege somepony beside you that would be Twilight. I want to talk with you about... friendship."

Oh boy here we go again. Buck me.