Stare Master

The sound of the alarm clock rang through the air, much to the dismay of a certain colt,who turned it off with one smooth motion.

He opened his purple eyes and rubbed them to get rid of the dried up mucus.

A sudden knock on the door caught his attention.

It was followed by Thunderlane opening the doors.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty, breakfast is downstairs!"

After mumbling something under his breath and taking care of himself in the bathroom, Rumble walked downstairs.

There he found a plate of fried eggs, hay bacon and toast. His older brother was already consuming what was on his plate.

"You know I asked for a bag of Happy Hoops for a reason right?" The colt asked his brother accusingly.

"Breakfast is supposed to keep you going throughout the day. You need carbohydrates and vitamins, a bowl of sweets with milk is not gonna cut it."

Rumble rolled his eyes and started snacking on his breakfast angrily. They ate like this for a minute until Thunderlane decided to break the silence.

"I should probably tell you now that the sleepover with you friends is not gonna happen today."

"Huh?! W-why?!" The colt asked, sounding genuinely hurt.

"There's been an emergency at the Cloudsdale factory and they need every extra pair of hooves."

"But you work at the weather patrol, not at the factory!"

"We have to listen to the same ponies and these ponies are saying that the whole weather patrol is needed for help."

"I thought you were the head of the weather patrol." Said Rumble little spitefully.

"Doesn't mean I don't have a boss." Replied Thunderlane.

The older of the brothers sighed as they left the table.

"I'm sorry that it turned out like that. I promise that by the end of the next month we will have enough bits to go to that Wonderbolts show in Canterlot, huh?" He nudged his little brother playfully but Rumble didn't respond.

"Come on." Said Thunderlane. "We have to get going, if you don't want to be late for the first class."

"Who was the most well known pegasus prior to the founding of Equestria, hmm?" Cheerilee asked, looking around the classroom. Featherweight's hoof shot out instantly.

"Rumble?" She asked the gray colt.

"Huh?" He asked, distracted by the other thoughts.

"Who was the most well known pegasus prior to the founding of Equestria?"

"Uhmm... Dandelion the daring?" He asked unsure.

She shook her head. "He died 800 years ago, but he was definitely a pony to remember."

Featherweight was practically vibrating in his seat.

Cheerilee laughed.

"Alright, Featherweight, can you tell us?"

"General Cyclone, he aided Gusty the Great during the final battle. That's when he was sealed away."

The teacher smiled and nodded her head. "That's right Featherweight, you're getting an A for studiousness today.

Rumble didn't care. All he could think about was the fact that he, Pipsqueak and Button Mash will have to postpone their game night.

He was absorbed by these thoughts until the bell rang. All the colts and fillies scattered into different directions.