Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

Skylar

I was on fire.

I was free falling.

I was drowning in a sea of indescribable pleasure and Ryder was responsible for it. Whether it was from the lingering caresses that sent trails of spiraling heat through every nerve in my body or the way his tongue traced light circles over my skin, thinking became impossible.

All there was—all I could focus on—was he and I, his body against mine—our souls breathing together, as one.

I'd always wondered what my first time would be like, what it would feel like to be so open and vulnerable with someone. Never, in my wildest dreams, did I ever imagine this, however. It went beyond any fantasy I could've conjured and as Ryder began sweeping me back up in the magic of the moment with a kiss that stole my breath, I swore I could fly.

He may have the wings, a glorious sight I still couldn't quite comprehend, but being with him had completely set me free. As crazy as that sounded, it was the only way to describe it.

I was in love with a Wanderer. And by giving him my heart, he'd opened my eyes to all the possibilities of the Universe. My head was no longer in the clouds. I was floating amongst the stars.

"You taste so sweet, Skylar," Ryder murmured, his breath warm against my skin. Nestled into the plush bed he'd created, all my senses were tingling.

"I don't think I can handle slow," I moaned, my body arching into his as he continued kissing his way down over my shoulders to my breasts. Everything was so sensitive and alive.

Chuckling right before grazing his teeth over my hardened bud, he teased it until I thought I would scream. "You can and you will. I want to savor this, draw out every blissful ache." Ryder was enjoying this and flashed me a wicked grin as he slowly sucked my nipple into his mouth, his fingers trailing lower until they stopped just above the apex of my thighs, provocatively.

I wanted him to touch me there, needed him to stop prolonging the torture he was inflicting. My body had become finely tuned to his every touch, like a beloved instrument being played by a master musician.

I couldn't focus. "Please," I begged, impatiently. When Ryder didn't move, instead choosing that very second to blow across my nipple, I couldn't wait a moment longer. Placing my hand over his, I guided him to the sweet spot that painfully, erotically, throbbed for attention. Whether it was from his ability to push his essence into me or simply my body awakening, having him there, between my legs, was the only thing that brought relief.

Ryder groaned, long and low. One finger slid inside me followed by a second, as his breath hitched. "Sweetheart, you feel incredible." In slow, deliberate strokes, he moved his hand, his palm hitting the sensitive nub.

It was too much. It was not enough. Everything faded away as we locked gazes, him stroking me toward my climax.

"Ryder," I panted, gripping the sheets beside me, hoping they would keep me from falling apart.

"Give in to me, sweetheart." He smiled briefly, not missing a single beat as he leaned in and captured my mouth, his tongue penetrating my lips instantly. I did the only thing I knew how to, I let go of the bedding and clung to him, desperately. He would be my anchor, the one thing that kept me grounded.

Orgasm ripping through me, I screamed my release into his mouth. Ryder didn't relent, stroking harder until I couldn't bare it anymore. "Ryder, stop, please. I'm dying!"