Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Skylar

"What a perfect way to end the evening," Ryder sighed, his long fingers stroking absently over my arm, each touch leaving a trail of fire in its wake.

"Mhmm," I answered, not wanting to move from where we'd just spent the past few hours curled up, together. When he'd called me earlier this afternoon and told me he had a special evening planned, my mind instantly drifted to the question that always seemed to hang between us.

Was tonight the night I'd give him my virginity—removing the last barrier of intimacy? There was no denying, as I hurried home after school to quickly dress before heading over to his apartment, that I hoped so.

I needed more of him. I wanted to set fire to that last obstacle between us and be with him, completely. If he refused me, I had my own plan of attack. Come hell or high water, I was going to seduce Ryder to the point that whatever was holding him back melted away.

I wasn't quite sure what that would involve, however. But, instead of worrying about it, I was simply going to let the opportunity present itself. When it did, I would seize it with both hands—my mouth and lips definitely part of my strategy, too.

There's no way he'd be able to resist. He'd be like putty in my hands.

"You want to watch the next Star Wars movie?" he asked, breaking through my reverie. After a delicious meal from Wong's Chinese Garden, Ryder surprised me by pulling Return of the Jedi up on his TV. He hadn't questioned me when I'd assured it was best to begin watching the older films, first. It was a strange concept for him; one I managed to convince him worked because it was how most of the world had been introduced to the iconic saga. He'd trusted me—giving me that smile that told me he'd do anything I asked, as long as it meant we did it together.

As tempting as it was to stay a little longer snuggled against him, class started early tomorrow and if I was going to lose sleep, it was going to be doing another, more enjoyable, pursuit.

Be brave, Skylar. You've got this, I inwardly coached myself. I instantly missed his warmth when I stood up and went to turn the big screen off.

"I have something else in mind." Grinning, I sauntered back to him, my moves slow and deliberate. I'd become comfortable enough with my body and Ryder, that it was like second nature to straddle his lap. "So, tell me. What did you think of Princess Leia?"

He knew exactly which scenes I was referring to. I was pretty sure she'd been the center of every teenage boy's fantasy when the movie had first released—a fact I'd learned with absolute horror from my father. Her skimpy costume had become legendary and it would be interesting to see whether Ryder had been immune to its charms.

He shrugged, his hands already splayed across my hips, a teasing glimmer in his blue eyes. "She was okay, although . . . ." His sentence hung, unfinished.

"Let me guess. You loved her revealing top." True to form, Ryder had succumbed to the power of her cleavage. "Typical guy!" I laughed, lightly slapping his chest.

"Wait, I wasn't finished." He shifted in his seat and the friction it caused as the ridge in his jeans rubbed against the inside of my leg was sublime. Somewhere in the time we'd been dating, certain parts of my body had awakened to where even the slightest touch from him sent a wave of pleasure through me.

Tonight was definitely the night.

"Okay, I'm listening."

"I was about to say it made me wonder." The heat from his stare was intoxicating and his grip at my hips tightened. "What would it take to convince you to wear something like that?" When his gaze dropped to my breasts, I knew our movie choice had been a wise one. He hadn't seen Carrie Fisher, but had been visualizing me in the outfit that left little to the imagination. He wanted to see me naked, again.