Twenty-four

I woke up with a feeling I was way too familiar with. Surprisingly enough I didn't have a headache, I was just very nauseated. I always regretted my actions the morning after yet I kept doing it over and over. I groaned as I wrapped the covers tighter around myself. The bed was unusually comfortable, it felt like I was sleeping on a cloud.

I rubbed my eyes and slightly opened them. I looked around deliriously and tried to figure out where I was at. It normally took me a few seconds each morning to be able to fully process things, but it was taking longer today. I gasped when I finally realized that this was definitely not my bed.

"Holy shit, I've actually been kidnapped." I whispered to myself as my eyes widened.

Then I heard the creaking of the bed and almost rolled off of it out of fear. Luckily, I took a second to look at who exactly was lying next to me and I let out a sigh of relief when I recognized Javier.

But I gasped again when I realized I was laying next to Javier.

I couldn't remember everything that had happened the night before. I remembered being with him and leaving with him, but I didn't realize we went to his house.

At first he seemed to be in a deep sleep but then I watched as he stirred awake which immediately made my heart race. My first instinct was to get up and move away. I sat up to do so but I froze when I realized that I was shirtless. Panicking, I tried to get out of the bed and scan the room for my shirt simultaneously. Unfortunately for me, the sheet was wrapped around my leg and refused to unravel despite how hard I tried. I ended up falling on the floor.

So I decided to give up and lay there for a while.

A few seconds after I fell, I heard a groggy voice mumble. "It's too early in the morning for this."

I thought that accepting the fact that I fell off of the bed and continuing to lay on the floor would save myself some of the embarrassment, but I was sadly mistaken. Especially when I realized that I was not only shirtless, but also in my underwear. I was truly convinced that the universe was completely against me.

"Good morning." Javier greeted me with a yawn. He was sitting up in the bed with a lazy smile on his face as I was still sprawled out on the floor in front of him. Despite how tired he clearly was, he still found the situation amusing.

"Morning." I mumbled as I shut my eyes. I was hoping that less eye contact would equal less embarrassment. My leg was still stuck between the sheets of the bed while the rest of my body was on the floor so I was lying at an awkward angle. I heard him chuckling. Meanwhile, I was hoping that I'd miraculously discover that I had the power of invisibility. It would have definitely come in handy at this moment.

The bed creaked as he stood up and yawned again. My eyes were still closed so I couldn't see it, but I had the feeling that Javier was smirking as he asked, "How's the floor?"

"Piss off." I grumbled, opening my eyes again only to glare at him.

My attitude didn't phase him, though it never really did. He walked around the bed so that he could see me without it blocking his view. Still laughing, he asked, "Do you need help?"

"I've got it." I began to unravel my leg from in between the sheets. It wasn't hard so I didn't know why I had so much trouble before. Once I had successfully removed my leg from between the sheets, I sat back on the bed and put the sheets back on top of me.

I didn't have low self-esteem when it came to my appearance because I wasn't normally a self-conscious person. I didn't feel like I was ugly but I wouldn't have called myself a super model either. The only thing I wished for was to be a little taller. I was average height for a male but I wanted to be basketball player level tall. I didn't have a real reason for wanting to be taller, it just appealed to me.