Chapter Seven: Preparing

(^Misty in the photo above^)

We all kind of just hung out for the week after that. Moony did have to go shopping for new shoes for Harry for school and he figured it's better to be safe then sorry and went and bought a few extra t-shirts and pants for Harry now that he'll be able to dress normal when not in school and for Hogsmeade now that he can go without the Marauder's map or his invisibility cloak. Sirius signed his permission slip.

Izzy and I made and bottled up the potion we prepped for Moony for the next couple months till Christmas break. Not that we didn't already get permission to come home for the full moon. But this way we can still focus on our school work and not worry if we can't make it.

Our letters came at the end of the week. It's now the Monday after they arrived and we decided to go right after lunch. Izzy and I got all of our school supplies and books. As well as some supplies for our pets from the shop well we were nearby. Moony bought everything Harry will need and got our robes and uniforms for the year.

The strange thing is we need dress robes (For Harry) and dresses (for us girls)... It didn't say why though. Izzy and I decided we'd go shopping at a few of the boutiques in Hogsmeade on one of trips once we know what it's for. It made us glad we bought some nicer jewelry when we went shopping on my birthday. Izzy and I did go and get some shoes that should go with anything. We both got a few pairs of black, white, silver and gold heels so that we have choices. We made sure the jewelry matched the shoes.

We also had to get a few things for our private classes with McGonagall seeing as she is our mentor for the year. I was to upset with Snape to want to learn more from him at the moment.

All summer I worked with Moony and Mad-eye moody for defense against the dark arts. They all seem to think it's important for us to learn spells before this year starts.

"Hey Mae," Izzy calls gently as shes packing for school. "I'm worried about Cedric... He hasn't written since before the incident at the Quidditch World Cup. Do you think he's okay?"

"Izzy," I turn and look at her "I'm sure he's okay. A lot happened but you have to believe he's okay and has just been too busy to respond. Annalise was sick recently maybe he caught it."

"I believe you" She sighs "I do have to admit I'm exited for school!"

"I am too," I chuckle "I can't wait. I wrote all of our friends from Beauxbatons and it seems like they may be coming to visit on one of our breaks."

"I actually got similar letters," She smiles brightly before grabbing her clothes having already packed all her school supplies and the shoes and jewelry. "I was a little surprised. They hardly visit they love their family time."

"I know right we've known them for almost six years exactly." I tell her "Wow six years..."

"I can't believe it's been six years." She breathes out. "I can't wait to see everyone though!"

"I agree." I tell her before finishing packing.

Once we both packed and took turns showering we both braided our hair. We went to sleep as we had to get up early the next morning.

The next morning I decided on jeans and a tank top with an oversized hoodie and combat boots for the train ride to school. I packed my Padfoot in my trunk. I packed my robes and uniform and had Izzy put hers in the same enchanted bag. We put our wands in the bag as well. We took our trunks downstairs.

After our trunks are downstairs. She got Bowie from his favorite plant. I got Misty ready to go. Putting her harness on and getting her leash ready.

Moony packed the car as I hooked Misty up. I walked around outside a bit making sure her energy is out so she'd sleep on the train. Izzy hid Bowie in her hair and made sure he'd stay there and we all get in the car and with that we are on our way to the Hogwarts Express.