Chapter Seven

Henry and Sam lead Joel, Y/N, Ellie, and Daisy through a staff only door.

"This should be it." Henry spoke as he looked back at Joel. "You ready?"

Joel glanced at Henry before looking at Ellie. "Get your gun out."

Ellie got her gun out with a grin before Joel walked past her and the rest of the group. He opened another door as he walked a bit ahead of the group. Y/N and Daisy walked after him, and the last three after them.

"You see? It's empty." Henry smiled. "The plan is good."

"Shh." Joel immediately shushed him as Y/N pushed Henry back.

"You know it's safe after seeing the length of your nose?" Y/N scoffed before turning back to look around with his flashlight.

"We've been here for two seconds. We don't know anything." Joel backed up Y/N's point.

"Your Dad and brother are kind of pessimists." Henry softly told Ellie.

"He's not my Dad, nor is he my brother."

"I'm not her Dad."

"No way in hell I'm her brother."

Ellie, Joel, and Y/N all spoke simultaneously.

"Just point your light forward and be ready to run." Joel advised.

As Joel walked ahead, things appeared to be good. There were no Infected or other people.

While occasionally glancing back at the group behind him, Joel kept moving forwards until he saw a door. Around it were drawings of rainbows, flowers, and other colorful things.

Sam smiled as he stepped forward to open the door, before quickly being stopped by Joel, who shook his head. "No."

Henry put Sam behind him as Y/N nodded at his father. Joel slowly opened the thick door to see what appeared to be a playcare or something that was emulating that.

"I heard about places like this." Joel spoke as he looked around. "People went underground after Outbreak Day. Built settlements."

"What happened to them?" Ellie asked.

"Maybe they didn't follow the rules and they all got infected."

"Mm." Ellie hummed as she looked around before settling to sit on one of the seats, like Sam did.

Y/N looked around into the desks that were there. Maybe there could be some supplies left.

But he found nothing. Drawer after drawer were empty.

"Greedy sons of bitches didn't leave anything behind--" Y/N spoke as he opened another drawer, seeing a piece of paper inside.

Y/N grabbed it and turned it around to see multiple small drawings of a girl and a boy. The boy was trying to fancy the girl. Giving the girl some flowers, acting confident, giving the girl a gun for protection, and so on.

Underneath was a sentence written, reading; 'How do you confess to the girl of your dreams?'

And Y/N didn't know the answer. Even after the years of thinking how he would confess to Alicia, he still didn't know how he needed to do it.

Y/N shook his head before putting the paper into his backpack.

"Fuck yeah, man!" Ellie exclaimed. Y/N turned his head to see Ellie and Sam high-fiving.

"Hey, keep it down. We're not out yet." Joel told the younger teens.

"Ah, c'mon. Can we just stay here for a while? There's, like, actually shit to do here." Ellie protested.