"The battle"

Suddenly she heard the sounds of hisses and groans, Hera got up from the ground and started taking a few step backs from were the sounds were coming.

When something jumped on her making her hit her back on the ground lying on the bottom while the monster was trying to bite her but Hera kept dodging it.

The  monster had sharp teeth like an vampire but it was covered with blood and looked like it was burned.

Hera used her full force to push it away from her but it was no luck,so she took her pocket knife out to stab it in the eye cause it to back away from her.

Hera had a habit of carrying a pocket knife since she started getting builled, she had it always with her.

Hera:"What are these?" She said panting and looking down her white dress now torn and covered with blood patches.

She tried to run out of the alley but a few monsters stopped her way making her look behind her to see more monster climbing down the wall surrounding her from both sides.

All she could do was use the small knife to stab it on the neck and eyes but suddenly one choked her from behind causing the knife to fall out of her hands, she tried to scream but no one came, she started feeling dizzy and out of breath.

Hera:" Ash" " guys"  she screamed but no answer came.

" Evan" she thought in her mind before losing her balance as the monster left her throat, she thought she was gonna fall as she closed her eyes only to feel someone holding her, as she opened her eyes only to see.

"Evan" she whispered out of breath.

Evan:" I'm here, everything will be okay" he said before making her stand behind him and started fighting the monsters by himself.

He grabbed a monster by his neck and bit him and threw him only to see him deathless with blood grazing out of his neck covering the floor with blood.

Hera was astonished by the act going on before her eyes.

Evan:" Boys " he used him telepathic powers to inform the boys about attack.

Ian:" Evan?"

Kai:" you Heard him too?"

Axel:" I think we all heard him"

Alina:" what are you talking about?"

Ash:" where is Hera?" He said in a panicking tone.

Alina:" she was with me in the alley, she must be coming"

Mira:" how could you leave her alone like that?!" She shouted.

Evie:" what if the helions get her, she's human Alina"

Aeri:" but there are a lot of humans here"

Axel:" but they're all not normal humans, everyone here are special but Hera is not we could sense it"

Kai:" How can you be so stupid?!!" He hissed.

Ash:" She needs us right now let's not waste time, she might be in great danger"

He said before running near the alley as all of them followed only to see Evan panting and mercilessly killing the helions while Hera standing behind his back.

The sight of Hera was unbearable, it was heart- wrenching.Her white dress, now bloodstained, contrasted starkly with her tear-streaked, angelic face. Evan fought fiercely, shielding her from the relentless Helions, embodying the strength she desperately needed.

Ash was going to walk up to her but Mira held his hand stopping him.
Ash:"leave my hand" he said in a stern voice.

Mira:" we can find out,if she is Haerin or not, she might get her powers"

Axel:" you crazy?"

Rowan:"both Hera and Evan in danger"

Aeri:" there are a lot of Helions! They won't be able to beat them"

Mira:" Haerin can, she has the powers to do that and we just need a hint that she is- "

Evan:"I don't care about the curse, I don't care if she is Haerin or not- All I see is Hera. "

He said yanking her hand away before going towards Hera.

Hera looked at Ash while Evan looked at hera for a second before signalling towards Ash to help him.

Hera:"Ash"

Evan:" Take her out of the alley now"

Ash:" what about you-"

Evan:" take her" he said before turning towards Hera.

Evan:" go with him " while  his eyes revealing more sincerity than his words.

Hera:" but-"

Evan pushed her  towards Ash and Evan went back to fighting the helions while the other boys helped him.

Ash and Hera went to opposite side of the alley, trying to dodge the helions when one tried to hold Hera, Ash pushed it while taking a lighter out of his pocket and put it on flames that's when from one helion to other started burning into ashes.

Ash:" get on my back and jump up the wall"

Hera nodded before getting on his back and trying to climb the wall.
When a helion came running to them but got shooted on his head with a pocket knife.

Aeri:" Nice shot " she said grinning.

Mia:" your pocket knife came in handy " she said winking at Hera while Hera just looked at her astonished.

Mira:" we'll back you up, you take her" she said to Ash.

Hera got up on the wall and pulled Ash will all the strength she had left in her.

Ash:" girls come up one by one"
One by one Aeri,Alina,Mia, Evie and Mira got up.

Mira:" Axel climb up the wall".

The boys all climbed up except Evan who was still dealing with the helions.

Hera:" Evan come fast"

Evan:" y'all should go, I'll catch up"

Ash:" What- No We are not leaving you" he said before putting his hand down the wall for Evan to climb up.

Evan:" I said GO—"

Kai:" we are not leaving you here alone"

Evan:" for God sake leave"

Mira:" don't you get it, you'II die if you stay here"

Evan:" Hera will-"

Hera:" Evan please–" she said with tears in her eyes.

Evan looked away and pushed the helion and grabbed Ash's hand as Ash pulled him up while a helion grabbed his leg so he flinged his leg and kicked it on the face and went up.

Evan:" you okay?" He said holding Hera's hands checking if she got hurt or not.

Hera:" you should think about,yourself, your hurt not me"

Evan:"Even with all the pain, my only thought was making sure you were okay, Hera," Evan said softly.

Evan had strands of hair that fell just above his eyes, which were a deep, mesmerizing shade of brown. His strong jawline and high cheekbones gave him a striking appearance. Despite the dirt and blood from the battle, his athletic build and posture exuded an aura of unwavering strength and determination. His eyes, however, softened with genuine concern as he looked at Hera, revealing a depth of care and vulnerability beneath his tough exterior.This is the first time Hera saw how unworldly Evan looks like.

As with every agonizing breath and pain, Evan's only concern was Hera's safety, his eyes desperate to find her amid the chaos of fallen Helions.