school runs

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

jodie was utterly clueless, as always. mia (as reece) had diligently explained to jodie (as mia) exactly how to pick up charlotte's daughters from school and how to get them home in one piece. not far into mia's lecture, jodie fell bored. as a result, she feigned confidence and waved one hand while doing a thumbs up with the other. however, her thumb went sideways, she couldn't focus on both hands at once.

"you moron, i am being serious. if our- if charlotte's girls return with a single scratch you will not live to see another day." even with reece's voice her tone was menacing, she meant every word she said.

much to mia's dismay, jodie had never been afraid of her. therefore her threat was taken with a grain of salt. jodie then replied, "totes yea, i'll be perf." she proceeded to trip out of the room, walking into the doorframe.

charlotte (as winter) had entered the office after jodie's leave. she consoled her girlfriend for a long while after letting jodie go. char had even offered for jodie to drive, or attempt to drive, her blue nissan rather than mia's mustang. all hell would've broken loose if that got crashed.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

meanwhile with jodie (as mia) she clambered into charlotte's car, bashing her head on the roof in the process. once she had situated herself, she turned on the car. but after great struggle.

"uhhh now what?" she dragged out the first word as she spoke to herself. she does that frequently.

she pulled out her phone and sloppily typed 'how 2 driv a carr!?' into the search bar. she skimmed through the results before holding the phone in her right hand and holding onto the gear stick with her left. she put the car into a random gear, R to be exact, and stomped down on the accelerator.

the car instantly flew backwards, merely missing the fence behind it. she had put the car into reverse. she tried again, this time setting up the car correctly. a miracle must've happened.

this time she was careful to got extremely slow, no higher than ten mph. regardless of her start she did have a faint idea of what to do. jodie had roughly five failed driving lessons at the time. regardless, the lessons didn't help much as she wasn't paying attention to the sat-nav or the pedals beneath her feet. she was daydreaming about what she was going to eat for dinner.

just as she got the hang of keeping a steady pace and following the maps instructions, the sat-nav's robotic voice suddenly spoke, alerting jodie she reached the secondary school. she sat there, not turning off the engine. she had forgotten what she was supposed to be doing at the school and began to drive off again. it wasn't until she heard two girls shouting mia's name.

"bollocks!" she yelled and swerved the car as she heard the girls. in a moment of enlightenment, she realised that she was infact supposed to collect them. jodie almost bursted a tire on the curb when the car skidded. she halted and unrolled the window. ellie, charlottes youngest, saw jodie's (mia's) head pop out the window.

"totes hi kids! get in," her tone was far more enthusiastic and chirpy than mia's. ellie ran to the car at lightning speed. the young girl absolutely adored mia. in her eyes the woman was strong, smart and pretty. she wanted to be just like mia.

"im lush. where's the other one?" jodie was referring to ava.

"mimi! ava said she's going to be a minute." ellie was clueless as to the fact that mia wasn't actually mia. only thrilled to see her second mother. thankfully. nonetheless, ava had seen the whole interaction from jodie's entrance to ellie jumping into the vehicle. she slowly made her way to the car as she contemplated as to why mia was speaking so oddly.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

they were all in the car and buckled. ava was sat in the front with jodie, given she was fourteen. ellie was singing away to herself in her pink booster seat. jodie haphazardly drove down the small coastal streets of dorset, mia's prior threat was beginning to kick in, her very minimal survival instincts were working too.

somehow they all, in one piece, arrived at charlotte and mia's home. jodie toppled out of the car, forgetting the girls, mia's belongings, and to lock the door. ava made sure to unbuckle her sister and to pick up for jodie's slack. she even unlocked the front door and carried all the bags in, it was quite the struggle as they had been staying at their dad's. she was becoming increasingly worried by the minute. for her own well-being and for the redhead's.

jodie (as mia) was sprawled across their plush sofa with a mouth stuffed with chocolate and crisps, mia's house felt like a vacation given its expense and niceness. the home was spacious, aesthetic and loaded with food.

ava approached the woman. the teenager had never been afraid of her, but she was definitely anxious and wanted to make sure she's okay. she had taken after her mother, her heart was full of love and kindness. and it was nothing in mia's nature to binge and to pay no mind to herself and ellie.

"mia, is everything alright?" she sat on the loveseat adjacent to the sofa.

"duh, this is great!" jodie exclaimed far too loudly.

"what's great mia?" perplexed, she stood up and sat next to jodie on the sofa. at ava's words jodie, once again, remembered the situation. she shot up and smacked the food onto the floor and corrected her posture in attempt to look more like mia.

"anyways, dinner time. im making myself pizza." jodie stood up and ventured to the kitchen.

"what about me and ellie? in fact when is mum going to be home?"

"about that... i'll totes share with you guys! and why are you asking me, i don't know anyone called mum. bit of a weird name." confused was written all over her face, scribbled even.  she only shrugged and retrieved a pizza from the freezer, chucking it in the microwave. jodie didn't know what defrosting was nor was she aware that it had a plastic wrapper. 

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

i'll try to post the part two tonight 🫶
im well aware this isn't my strongest chapter and i might do a rewrite.