Chapter 8 - Welcome to the Hotel

"Hi, Charlie..." Emily says, showing some guilt.

A deeper feminine voice comes from inside. "Charlie,  hon, is everything alr-"

Vaggie stops on her tracks as she sees Emily.

"Oh, shit..." she whispered under her breath.

Charlie regains herself and approaches Emily.

"Don't worry, we're gonna get you bandaged up and give you a room to stay in, I promise." She frantically says as she leads the angel inside the Hotel.

Emily can't help but admire the inside of the hotel. There's a giant crystal chandelier decorated with small ducks, a cozy fireplace a comfortable couch- a bar?! Who the hell would put a bar in a rehabilitation hotel?

Charlie sets Emily down on the couch in the lounge. "Just stay right there, ok? I'm going to get some help." She says, running out of the room before calling out, "Niffty!"

Emily tries to sit up straight so that she doesn't get blood on the couch. Vaggie hesitantly approaches the angel, showing remorse on her face.

"Are... are you alright?"

Emily looks down on the floor and clenches onto her disheveled dress. "I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

Vaggie kneels down and touches both of Emily's shoulders. "No, no, no, sweetie. None of this was your fault." She paused for a moment. "It was because they found about the letter you sent to Charlie, wasn't it?"

Emily nods. This causes Vaggie's blood to boil.

"Listen to me. You did the right thing telling us that Pentious is okay. You hear me?"

Emily nods again. Just then, a small cyclops maid rushes towards Emily with a first aid kit and an unsettling smile on her face. Niffty stops on her tracks as she sees an angel.

With no hesitation, she takes out the same knife she used to kill Adam and runs towards her.

"Stab! Stab-"

"Niffty, no!!" Charlie screams as she catches Niffty from lunging towards Emily. "She's not a bad angel, she's a good one. Can you patch her back up for me?"

"Ooooh. Okay!" Niffty says gleefully. She opens the first aid kit and rummages around for the tools.

Once she gets everything she needs, she hops on top of the couch. Niffty unzips the back of Emily's dress and sees the where the wings have been sliced off. She sprays her back with a bottle of ice cold water and dries it with a handkerchief. Emily winces a little  as the cloth touches her wounds. Then, Niffty takes two square gauze bandages and places them on each spot where the wings were.

"All done!" She says before going back to stabbing cockroaches with her needle.

"You feel any better?" Charlie asks as she zips Emily's dress back up.

"Yeah, a little." The angel responds.

Suddenly, footsteps can be heard.

"Hey, Char-Char! Look what rubber duckie I made this ti-"

It was Lucifer, the king of Hell himself. He looks at Emily in pure shock before dropping his rubber duck.

"Oh, no..."