Chapter 12 - The First Day

"I, Charlie, am grateful for my friends and my dad."

Today's exercise to becoming a better person was to share what you are grateful for.

"Who would like to go next?" The princess asks.

"Oh, me! Me!" Niffty says. "I, Niffty, am grateful for the bad boys here."

Everyone gave her a concerned look.

"I guess I'll go next." Vaggie says. "I, Vaggie, am grateful for being down here with the love of my life."

Angel clears his throat. "I, Angel Dust, am grateful for my money and the cocaine I get to snort."

"That's... nice, Angel." Charlie says uncomfortably. She was trying to keep her positive attitude.

Lucifer calls out from the kitchen, "Who wants pancakes?"

Everyone gets up from the lounge and head over to the buffet room. Lucifer has practiced pancake art, hoping to make ducks out of it. Today, he made Donald Duck pancakes. While everyone sits down at a table, Lucifer handed each one a plate of pancakes. He purposely gave Alastor the ones that looked the most fucked up.

"I know it's not the most artistic, but I'm getting there." He stated.

"I think they look great!" Emily says before taking a bite. "They taste great, too."

Lucifer let's out a sigh of relief. He then sits down on his own seat.

"Soooo, what's on everyone's agenda today?" The king asks.

"Well, I was thinking Vaggie  and I could show Emily around the place." His daughter says. "You wanna join us?"

Lucifer sucks in air. "Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go with you. However I a meeting with my fellow deadly sins princes."

"Val's making me film a Valentines Day special." Angel says. "My fucking ass is gonna be sore for a week!"

"I'm afraid I cannot come along either. I have yet to perform my broadcasts." Alastor adds in.

"I doubt think Niffty and I can do much." Husk says.

"That's alright," Charlie says, "We can just have a girls day."

After everyone finishes their pancakes, Charlie, Vaggie, and Emily leave the hotel.

"I think I've been in parts of town." says Emily.

"Well, we can walk around the city once again if you'd like." Vaggie says.

"Sure!"

The girls are about to head off when suddenly, Emily takes a nasty blow to the head.

"Emily!" Charlie cried out.

Emily's vision was blurry, but she can see a group of Mafia shark demons seizing Charlie and Vaggie before blacking out.