Chapter 10 - Just Smile

Alastor sees Lucifer and Charlie on the ground and approaches the two.

"Is everything alright, my dear?" He asks.

"Dad just had a panic attack," Charlie explained, "Can you please give him some space?"

"Certainly!" Alastor says gleefully as he leaves the room and returns to the lounge. He notices Emily and walk over to her, never breaking his smile.

"Ah, I see we have a new face in the hotel." He says before shaking her hand. "Alastor. Pleasure to be meeting you, dear, quite a pleasure. What brings a woman like you here?"

"She fell from Heaven." Husk explained. "But so help me fuck, if you make a deal with her-"

"Who said anything about making a deal with an angel?" Alastor asks. Vaggie glares at him from the bar. "Now, be a good man and tend the bar. I'd like to have a word with our new guest."

Husk growls as he heads over to the bar where Angel's preparing his shots of vodka and Vaggie watches.

Alastor turns toward Emily. "So, a fallen angel? Do tell me how this happened."

"I told Charlie about Sir Pentious's whereabouts, but Heaven wanted to keep it a secret so that there's no proof sinners can redeem."

"Very bold of you." The Radio Demon says before escorting Emily back to the couch. "Tell me, my dear, what kind of tea do you drink?"

"Any will do." She replies as she sits back down on the couch.

Alastor snaps his fingers and a cup of herbal tea appears before Emily's eyes. He also summons a vinyl player with "Body and Soul" by Paul Whiteman playing.

"There, much better, don't you agree?" Alastor asks.

"Yes, thank you." Emily says politely before she sips her cup of tea. It tasted like a sunny spring and honey with sugar straight from its cane.

"Mmm, this tea is amazing!" She says.

"Why, thank you. It's a special tea my mother would always make me."

"That's really nice of her," says Emily, "So, what do you do here in the hotel?"

"Well, I would host radio shows and help Charlie around whenever she needs it."

"Oh, I see. What about the others?"

"Let's see, Vagatha is the manager-"

"That's not my name, burro!" Vaggie called out.

Alastor continues, "Husk is the bartender, Niffty is the housekeeper, and Angel and Lucifer are out guests."

Emily looks towards the bar. Husk is drinking booze straight out of the bottle, Angel is on his 7th shot of vodka, and Vaggie is sipping a responsible amount of wine in a glass. Niffty is still trying to stab cockroaches with her needle.

She then looks behind her, seeing Lucifer finally walking around with Charlie next to him.

"Is there anything else you need, Dad?"

"No thank you, sweetheart. I'll just sit over next to Emily- no, wait, he's right there. Never mind. Now if you'll excuse me, a gotta make a few hundred more duckies." Lucifer said while heading upstairs.

Charlie decides to sit next to Emily instead.

"Sooo, how do you like the hotel?" She asks.

Emily pauses while softly smiling. "Well, I think I'm gonna love it here."