CHAPTER 13

🎧: Mrs. Potato Head - Melanie Martinez

MELODIE'S POV

A week later i was in my office at the Bayern Munich's facility. I was going through emails when someone knocked on the door.

- Come in! - I yelled as still focused on my work.

- Coach wants you to join him in the conference room. - Jamal announced as opening the doors.

I looked up from my laptop and at the guy. He stood there, dressed up in his training kit. I nodded my head in reply and closed the computer, then standing up from my seat.

I grabbed my notebook in which i had all of the information about the players and last weeks performances. I left the office with Jamal following to the room.

He was sat beside the coach and i was on the other side. I placed my notebook in front of me and wore my ear piece, since sometimes the journalists were from other countries than germany.

The conference begun a couple of minutes later. Jamal seemed to be chill and replied to the questions asked with a lot of respect and calmness.

- Miss Weber, with the transfer window coming up, do you think that the rumours of Jamal leaving Bayern will become true or maybe he will resign with the club? - One of the journalists asked, making my heart sink.

He was thinking of leaving Germany? Why wouldn't he say anything? I pulled myself together and leaned closer to the microphone in front of me.

- I'd lie if i said i wasn't surprised by your question. I didn't know until now that he was thinking of leaving Bayern, and i'd like to not answer this. My apologies. - I replied in a sophisticated way.

I glanced into Jamal's direction, seeing that he didn't pay attention to me for even a second. The conference ended half an hour later.

I wanted to talk to him. As we were leaving the conference room, i grabbed his arm and pulled him aside. He looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

- Why didn't you tell me? - I asked straight up with visible confusion on my face.

- Didn't wanna bother you. - He replied bluntly as shrugging his shoulders.

I raised my eyebrow and a scoff left my lips. I couldn't believe what i was hearing. I crossed my arms and glanced around.

- If leaving Bayern means you can be happy, aim for it. I'll give you a positive opinion if you decide to move. - I answered after a few seconds.

I wasn't lying. Of course i didn't want him to leave, but if it meant him finding true happiness, i wasn't going to stop him. He nodded his head and opened his arms.

- Hug it out?

- Sure. - I agreed and wrapped my arms around the guy's torso.

His hugs always felt safe and warm. I was still amused by his sudden change of plans for the future, but in the moment i seemed to forget about it all.

- I'm sorry about what happened on New Year's. - He apologised as i pulled away.

- It's okay. We both fucked up in the end. Friends again? - I asked with a smile and reached out my pinky.

Jamal seemed to get confused at my question. I waited for him to reply with shaking our pinky's and so we did. It felt good to have him back as a friend.

***

I was woken up to an early call on a Saturday morning. It was Leroy. I picked up my phone and put the call on the speaker.

- Jamal's gone.

The words spun in my head. He left me again without saying goodbye.

***

HELLO ANOTHER CHAPTER I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

DONT FORGET TO VOTE ⭐️