Tired of the Storm

The late afternoon sun cast long shadows across the living room, its warm glow barely penetrating the chill between Sunjae and Sol. Recent weeks had been a relentless storm of anger and frustration, leaving both of them on edge. Sunjae was consumed by a mix of unresolved anger and simmering desire, his feelings toward Kyung fueling his possessiveness and insecurity. Sol, meanwhile, was trying her hardest to bridge the growing gap between them, but her patience was wearing thin.

They sat on the couch in strained silence. Sol reached out, placing a gentle hand on Sunjae's arm, her touch meant to comfort. "Sunjae, I know things have been rough. Maybe we could try something... spontaneous?"

Sunjae's gaze flickered toward her, his eyes hardening. "Spontaneous? You think a distraction will fix this?"

Sol's heart sank. She had hoped to ease the tension, not inflame it. "I thought it might help us reconnect."

Sunjae's expression twisted with frustration. "Reconnect? Every time I look at you, all I can think about is Kyung. About what you did with him."

Sol's breath caught. "Sunjae, it's not like that anymore."

He stood abruptly, pacing the room with agitation. "Not like that? Every time I see you, I imagine him touching you, having you in ways I can't even—"

Sol followed him, her voice pleading. "Please, let's not do this. I just want us to be okay."

Sunjae's gaze was piercing, filled with a mixture of anger and hurt. "Okay? You want us to be okay? You want to know what it's like to be with me? Because it's hard to ignore that Kyung's been there before me. He had you in ways I can't even—"

Without warning, Sunjae's frustration boiled over. He grabbed Sol by the shoulders, his grip tight and desperate. "Did he touch you everywhere? Was he rough with you? Did he make you feel like this?"

Sol's breath hitched, her heart racing. "Sunjae..."

"Tell me!" His voice was a harsh demand, his face inches from hers.

Sol looked away, unable to meet his piercing eyes. "I... I can't."

Sunjae's eyes flashed with rage. He slammed his fist against the wall, the impact echoing through the room. "Damn it! I need to know! Was he rough with you? Did he make you scream like this?"

Sol's frustration boiled over, her own voice shaking with exhaustion. "Sunjae, I'm tired. Tired of this constant battle. Tired of feeling like I have to prove myself over and over. I just want to fix things between us, but every time I try, it feels like I'm fighting an uphill battle."

Sunjae's rage faltered for a moment, the weight of her words sinking in. "Then why is it so hard to move past him?"

Sol's eyes filled with tears. "Because it's not just about him. It's about how much effort I have to put in to make you see that I'm here, with you. I'm tired, Sunjae. I'm tired of the fights, of the constant insecurity. I'm tired of feeling like I have to justify my love for you every single day."

Sunjae's voice softened, though the intensity of his emotions remained. "I didn't mean to make you feel this way. It's just—"

"Sunjae—I'm tired, please spare me this day." Sol's exhaustion was palpable, her own frustration evident as she tried to hold back her tears. She left Sunjae and went in the room.
—————————————————————-

The next morning, Sunjae's anger was still raw. He barely said goodbye before leaving for work, his mind racing with thoughts of Kyung and the lingering doubts about their relationship. Throughout the day, he found himself obsessively checking his phone, unable to escape the grip of his jealousy.

When Sunjae returned home, he found a text from Kyung on Sol's phone. His heart raced as he read the message, each word fueling his anger further.

Baek Kyung: I'm sorry about the other night. Didn't mean to make things worse.

Sunjae's eyes narrowed, fury boiling over. He couldn't believe Kyung had the audacity to reach out again. His grip tightened on the phone as he read another message:

Baek Kyung: You know, Sol, it wasn't all bad. We shared something. But maybe you're right. We shouldn't talk.

And then another:

Baek Kyung: Funny how jealousy comes full circle, right? You thought he was with someone else, and now look at us.

Sunjae stormed out, his frustration reaching a boiling point. He drove to Sol's set, unable to shake the feeling of Kyung's presence and the seething jealousy it stirred within him.

When he arrived, Sunjae confronted Sol with a fierce edge in his voice. "Why is he still contacting you? What is he trying to do?"

Sol looked shocked, her eyes wide with surprise. "Sunjae, it's not what you think. I told him to leave me alone. It's over."

Sunjae's anger flared. "It's hard to believe that when he's sending messages like this. Does he still have a hold on you? Does he?"

Sol reached out to calm him, but he pulled away. "No, Sunjae. He doesn't. I've moved on from him."

Sunjae's eyes were stormy with jealousy. "It's hard for me to forget when he's still in the picture, when I can't stop thinking about him touching you—everywhere."

Sol's face fell, tears streaming down her face. "I'm exhausted, Sunjae. I'm trying so hard to make this work, but I feel like I'm running in circles. I love you, but I can't keep fighting like this."

Sunjae looked down at her, torn between his anger and his love. He wanted to believe her, to move past Kyung's presence, but his insecurities were deeply rooted.

He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly. "I'm trying, Sol. I really am."

She held him back, her voice trembling. "I know. But I can't keep doing this. I need to find a way to cope, and I don't know how."

They stood like that for a long time, clinging to each other as Kyung's ghost continued to haunt them. The battle between past and present was far from over, and both knew it would take time to heal the wounds left behind. Sol's growing exhaustion was evident, and the coming days promised further challenges as she struggled to find solace and a way forward.