Work Lunch

Jun was bewildered to arrive at Kazuya's workplace with hundreds of bear traps laid around the courtyard. A security guard ushered her to the special parking lot and she drove in and parked beside her husband's Audi. She got out of the car, holding a few paper bags, and made her way to the lift lobby. To her surprise, a few Jacks stood guard there as well. They stepped aside to let her in, then stepped back in place. Jun sighed and pressed the button to go up to Kazuya's office.
She stormed out of the lift as soon as the doors opened and came across Tiger Jackson in the corridor.
"Mrs Mishima! Hi!" Tiger greeted cheerfully.
Jun smiled as she regarded at him. "Hey, Tiger. Is Kazuya in?"
"Yeah, he is," Tiger nodding towards Kazuya's office. "Just got out of a meeting."
"Great," Jun nodded. "See you later."
She waved at him and ran towards Kazuya's office, not even bothering to knock as she stormed in. To her surprise, he was merely picking at his teeth as he sat.
"Kazuya!" Jun exclaimed, startling him.
Kazuya turned to her in surprise. "Jun? What is it? Did something happen?"
"I was about to ask you," Jun sighed as she closed the door behind her before walking over. "I saw the setup outside. Bear traps? Really?!"
Kazuya shrugged. "It was Adam's idea. Or was it his dad's...?"
Jun stared at him for a moment, then burst into laughter. "You put up bear traps for Heihachi?"
"Well, he's worse than one, why not?" Kazuya smirked. "Anyway, Mr Wilson had a good point. Stink bombs and bear traps are definitely more effective than bombs and guns. You know he can catch bullets with his teeth, right?"
"Don't tell me you're not bulletproof like that," Jun smirked. She placed the paper bags on the table, then sat down. "Anyway, your snacks are here. And I will be joining you."
"Great," Kazuya smiled, rubbing his hands together. "What did you bring?"
Jun smiled as she rummaged in the bag to pull everything out one by one. "Well, there's Butadon, chawanmushi, some vegetables, and miso."
"This is quite the spread," Kazuya grinned. "Alright, any threats sighted there?"
Jun shook her head as she handed him some cutlery. "Nope. Jin says that everything's peaceful there."
"Wonder what that Heihachi is planning to do," Kazuya sighed. "Adam told me they saw him at a cafe, having breakfast."
Jun snorted. "Nina told me a much longer story. Apparently, Adam's parents are more aggressive than we thought."
"Well, their idea of using bear traps to catch Heihachi says a lot," Kazuya pointed out, opening his container of food. "Darn, this looks great..." he inhaled the scent of his Butadon. "Smells good too."
"I added an extra dose of sesame oil," Jun smiled, bringing her bowl closer to her face. "Anyway, as I was saying, they were actually causing a scene in the cafe because they were more interested in giving Heihachi a piece of their minds instead of having breakfast."
"They know how bad of a person he is?" Kazuya asked, using his chopsticks to mix his bowl. "I don't think they ever met him, right?"
"Not until the party, at least," Jun shrugged. "But yeah, she mentioned that they felt enraged for what kind of a father Heihachi was."
"See, even they get it," Kazuya sighed. "Also, I knew Heihachi was at the bar last night."
Jun frowned, surprised. "You did?"
Kazuya nodded. "It's not hard to spot him, he and that hair of his. And I also knew that the bartender was referring to him when he asked me. I just pretended that he was referring to Jin since I didn't want anyone to associate us with him." He smirked. "Also because that bartender was too nosy for his own good."
"He was," Jun couldn't help but agree. "We all saw him, actually, but we didn't wanna say anything because..."
"Because I had a meltdown just hours before? It is hard to accept, the fact that he's still loitering about like this, but that's not what I was thinking about before." Kazuya placed his bowl back down on the table. "It was like... it felt like I was in that final battle at the volcano again, and then... I was five again." He shook his head. "It still haunts me... I'm ashamed of it, but it does."
Jun shook her head, reaching for his hand. "You shouldn't be ashamed, because it is hard. But just know that all of us are with you now. We are all here for you."
Kazuya smiled as he met her gaze. "I know. And that's what's keeping me going now."
Jun smiled. "I heard Lee is really keeping an eye on Heihachi."
"Stalker," Kazuya smirked. "Stalker Excellent."

Nina, Steve, and Adam met up in Jin's office just as Amber brought in lunch.
"Should we just infiltrate his home?" Steve suggested, seating himself down at the lounging area. "Like... we know where he lives..."
"Well, so does he, you fancy him coming here?" Nina added, joining him with a cup of milk tea.
"No..." Steve groaned. "But it's not like he didn't already come here to ruin the party."
"You're right, he infiltrated us first," Jin agreed, more interested in the food that Amber brought. "So wanna make a stop there later? Bring in some Tekken Force?"
"Nah, I'm not putting their lives at stake for a personal affair," Lars added, also more interested in the food. "Maybe we can go over, Pride and Prejudice style."
"That actually sounds fun," Steve smirked. "So what does that make us? The Bennett's?"
Adam smirked. "No. We are the Darcys!"
"Then what about us? Bingley?" Jin added, smirking.
"That actually sounds right," Adam grinned. "But I was thinking that it would be better if we just send my mum and dad instead. They're feisty."
Nina chuckled. "You should have seen them this morning. They were ready to fight."
"Well, they've always been like this," Steve shrugged. "Always on the ready to fight. Shouldn't you know?"
"Yeah, like... you grew up with them too," Lars added, fishing out containers of Butadon for himself and Jin. "How come you forgot?"
"How come you guys eat here instead of eating in your home?" Adam countered. "Because... your home is literally one floor away."
"Because we're lazy," Jin said. "Right, Lars?"
Lars nodded as he sat down beside Adam. "Yep. Also because it's more fun here. We can talk with you guys too."
"That's nice," Steve chuckled. "By the way, you want some of our pie?"
"Pie?" Lars piped up. "What pie?"
"Bacon and egg pie," Adam smirked, taking a container of said pie from the coffee table. "My mum made it."
"Don't mind if I do," Lars grinned as he reached for the pie. "Jin, you want some?"
"Have it first," Jin said, bringing the paper bag over before seating himself beside Steve. "Moms packed you guys some butadon and chawanmushi too."
"Aww," Nina chuckled. "Chawanmushi? Gosh, this is some good food."
"But speaking of which, where's Amber?" Adam asked. "Wouldn't she normally eat with us?"
Jin frowned. "She told us that she really has something important to do... she didn't tell us what..."
Nina gasped. She immediately straightened herself, a concerned look on her face. "Where did she go?"
Lars shrugged, nonchalantly continuing with his meal. "She didn't say."
"You guys, isn't she just as stressed as Kazuya?" Steve groaned. "She literally has his DNA running in her and you guys didn't ask?"
"You're right, this is alarming," Jin gulped. "Mom found her in a sort of a trance a few days ago, her eyes were glowing."
"We have to find her," Nina frowned, getting up.
"But should we finish these first?" Lars reasoned, gesturing towards his food.
"Lars!" Everyone exclaimed in unison.
"What, this is some good food!" Lars argued, pointing at his food. "I'll be done in a jiffy."
"Just bring it with you," Jin finished the last of his food and closed the container. "I'm done."
The blonds looked at him in surprise, then turned to look at each other.
"Can we bring these too?" Adam asked, his mouth full. "This is some really good stuff."
Nina rolled her eyes. "Just come."
"But how do we know where she's heading?" Steve piped up.
"We can track her phone," Jin said.
"Oh yeah, forgot that existed..." Adam added, getting up. He reached for the paper bag that Jin placed on the coffee table and dropped his container inside it. "The butadon is ours, right?"
"Yeah," Jin nodded. "Let's go."