Chapter 6: The Cleric's Visit

The morning air was crisp as Spaztotoro stood in the middle of her farm, hands on her hips, taking in the peaceful scene. The sun was just beginning to rise, casting golden hues over the fields. She had finished her morning routine early, ready for a productive day, when a familiar voice called from the path leading up to the farm.

"Spaztotoro! My dear friend, long time no see!" YZ The Holy One waved enthusiastically as he approached, his silver robe catching the sunlight. Beside him walked Arkos Machi, his ever-faithful assistant, who carried a large backpack filled with supplies.

"YZ! Arkos! You're here!" Spaztotoro jogged over to greet them, her face lighting up with excitement.

YZ grinned, clapping her on the back with enough force to make her stumble. "It's good to be back. Arkos and I have been running all over the place—demons to banish, lost souls to guide—but we thought it was time to visit our favorite farmer."

Arkos smiled, adjusting his glasses. "Yeah, YZ has been talking about your farm nonstop. He could use a break from all the holy duties, to be honest."

Spaztotoro chuckled. "Well, you're both in luck. The farm has plenty of work to keep us busy. It's not as exciting as banishing demons, but I'm sure you'll find it peaceful."

YZ winked. "Sometimes peace is exactly what the soul needs."

---

As they made their way to the barn, Spaztotoro shared her recent experiences with them.

"How's the farm going?" YZ asked as they walked.

"It's been an adventure, for sure," Spaztotoro replied. "Gyuppii came by recently with some extravagant dishes, and Jane... well, you know Jane—she nearly turned my field into a jungle of piranha plants."

"Aba! Ang saya ng buhay mo ah!" Arkos said with a grin. "Parang araw-araw may bagong kwento."

"Oo nga, medyo chaotic pero masaya," Spaztotoro agreed, laughing.

YZ stroked his chin thoughtfully. "You know, Spazzy, I think your farm could use something more... sustainable. Have you considered bringing in livestock? Fresh meat, eggs, and milk would really complete the experience of self-sufficiency."

Spaztotoro's eyes widened. "Livestock? Hindi ko pa naisip 'yun. But where would I even get animals?"

YZ gestured toward Arkos, who was already rummaging through his bag. "Lucky for you, Arkos and I have connections with a few friendly farmers. We could go out and gather some animals for you. Arkos knows just the place."

Arkos nodded, pulling out a map. "There's a small farm a few kilometers from here that sells livestock. We could make a quick trip and bring back some animals—goats, chickens, maybe even a cow."

Spaztotoro's face lit up with excitement. "That sounds perfect! Tara na, let's go get some animals!"

---

The three of them set out after a quick breakfast, with Arkos leading the way, map in hand. They hiked through fields and meadows, chatting about their adventures since they had last seen each other. YZ told tales of the holy quests they'd been on, and Spaztotoro laughed at his animated descriptions of battles with demons and monsters.

As they neared the small farm, Arkos pointed out the animals grazing in the distance. "There they are. Let's talk to the farmer and see what we can bring back."

The farmer was a kind old man, more than happy to sell them a few animals. After a bit of bargaining (led by YZ, of course), they left with two goats, a few chickens, and a sturdy cow.

---

By the time they returned to Spaztotoro's farm, the sun was already beginning to dip low in the sky, casting long shadows over the fields. The animals were settled into their new pens, and Spaztotoro was beaming with pride.

"Salamat talaga sa inyo, YZ, Arkos. I never thought I'd have livestock on the farm."

YZ placed a hand on her shoulder, smiling warmly. "It's our pleasure. This farm has a special energy about it, Spazzy. It's your heart that makes it thrive."

Arkos, ever practical, added, "Plus, it'll be nice for you to have fresh milk and eggs. You'll be the envy of all the nearby villages."

"Oo nga, I can't wait to make some cheese with the milk. And fresh eggs for breakfast? That'll be a treat."

YZ stretched, looking over the fields with satisfaction. "Now that the hard work's done, how about a little relaxation? I saw a lake not too far from here. What do you say to some fishing?"

Spaztotoro's eyes lit up. "Fishing? Yes! Let's go, I haven't gone fishing in ages!"

---

The three of them made their way to the nearby lake as the sun set. The golden light sparkled off the water as YZ cast his fishing line with practiced ease. Arkos sat beside him, looking out over the tranquil water while Spaztotoro eagerly prepared her line.

"Sana makakahuli ako ng malaki," Spaztotoro muttered, concentrating on the calm surface of the lake. They fished in peaceful silence for a while, the only sound being the gentle lapping of the water against the shore.

Suddenly, Spaztotoro felt a tug on her line—then another, stronger this time. "Naku, I think I've got something!" she exclaimed, standing up to reel it in. The fish put up a good fight, thrashing beneath the surface, but Spaztotoro held on.

YZ and Arkos watched as she pulled and struggled, the line tightening as the fish fought harder.

"Go, Spazzy! Kaya mo 'yan!" Arkos cheered.

With one final heave, Spaztotoro pulled a massive fish from the water, its scales glimmering in the fading light.

"Wow, ang laki!" YZ marveled, clapping his hands. "That's going to make a great meal!"

Spaztotoro beamed with pride, holding up the fish for them to see. "I guess the farm life is paying off, huh?"

They laughed together, the peaceful sound of the lake and the joy of the moment filling the air.

As the sun finally disappeared beyond the horizon, the three friends sat by the lake, content with the day's work and the simple happiness of friendship.