Talk

NARRATOR'S POV 

After a few days of reflecting on things, Jean decided that he needed to talk to Mikasa about their relationship. He couldn't keep avoiding the problem, and he knew that they needed to have a serious conversation.

He sent her a text message, suggesting that they meet up to talk about their relationship. He waited for her response, hoping that she would be open to having a calm and rational discussion. 

A few hours later, Mikasa replied to his text, agreeing to meet up later that evening. Jean felt a mixture of relief and anxiety - he was glad that she was willing to talk, but he was also a bit nervous about how the conversation would go.

He spent the afternoon preparing what he wanted to say to her, rehearsing in his mind how he would approach the sensitive topic.

As the time for their meeting approached, Jean felt butterflies in his stomach. He couldn't shake off the feeling that this conversation could be the make-or-break moment for their relationship.

He arrived at the agreed-upon location and waited for Mikasa to show up. When he saw her approaching, he could feel an uneasy feeling in him. He could see the guarded expression on her face, and it only heightened his anxiety.

As she sat down across from him, there was an awkward silence between them for a few moments. Mikasa looked away, avoiding eye contact with him, while Jean looked at her, not knowing how to start the conversation.

Finally, he took a deep breath and began to speak. "Mikasa, we need to talk," he said, his voice steady despite the nerves.

"Mikasa, we need to talk. I can't keep going on like this." He said.

"What do you mean?" Mikasa asked while scoffing.

"You know what I'm talking about. It's not healthy for us."

"You're the one causing all this. If you stop giving me reasons, I wouldn't act like this." While rolling her eyes, Mikasa replied.

"That's not fair. You can't keep blaming me for your own acts."

As he spoke, Jean tried to maintain a calm demeanor, hoping that Mikasa would listen to reason and they could work things out.

But his optimism faded quickly as she began to respond. She wasn't receptive to his concerns, instead, she became defensive and hostile.

"You think you're so damn perfect, don't you?"

"What? I never said that." Jean said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Just look at you. Always Mr. popular, always cocky and annoying. Seeking attention. All girls try flirting with you, is it so hard for you to understand how I feel seeing all that?"

Mikasa was cold and indifferent as she listened to Jean's attempts to work things out. She wasn't actually jealous, but she knew that she could manipulate him by acting this way.

"Please, just hear me out. I'm trying to work through this with you." Jean said.

"Oh, great. Another one of your speeches. Spare me the drama, Jean." Mikasa rolled her eyes and scoffed while saying that. She continued, "Nothing is a big deal, so just stop it. I don't what you watch or do that you're acting so pathetic. I have my own life too. I don't need or want to hear anymore crap from you."
Jean was extremely furious at this point but he let it go. Mikasa stormed off as always and Jean just sat there for a couple of minutes before getting up and heading over to Paradise Restaurant to pick up Marco for their hangout together.