My baby

JEAN'S POV

I didn't sleep, I couldn't sleep. The worry of falling in a deep sleep and missing the chance of being able to spend time with Marco worried me sick. I stayed awake, I had no problem in staying awake. A few hours passed, I noticed how no one really came to check on Marco or smth. Or ask me food or smth. Not that I was surprised because Marco already told me everything about him. I patted his head while looking at him. Suddenly he clung to me, nuzzling and cuddling up to. I smiled at him and enjoyed the moment, cuddling him back.

-a few hours later-

It was around midnight now. He seemed to move around and grip onto me. His face having a pained expression. He must be having a nightmare. I rubbed his back and hugged him close, gently kissing him because I couldn't resist any longer. That seemed to have calmed him down. I hugged him to my chest throughout the night. I yawned as I looked out of the window, trying to distract myself from sleep and occassionaly scrolling through my mobile. I had deleted all sorts of pictures with that Mikasa. I was about to keep my mobile away when he attempted to wrap his arm around my neck and that's when I saw..the scars on his wrists and arms..going deeper. What..made you do that hun?

Another two or three hours had passed since then. It was 3AM smth right now. "Mm..." I felt Marco move and I think he was waking up. He was startled a bit when he fully woke up and looked at me. A mix of emotions evident on his face. I smiled at him and he teared up, clinging to me.

"Shh..I'm here now, don't you worry at all anymore." I say trying to calm him. I rub soothing circles on his back to provide him more warmth. He kept crying for a few minutes, refusing to say anything. "Baby tell me.."
"I-I..they wouldn't let me see you!" I frowned and kissed his head.
"I missed you so bbadly- I..I thought I lost you.."
"I missed you too my baby" I said as I wiped his face, he seemed to have stopped crying a bit.
I sat there with Marco in my lap, Marco shared everything with me and how he wasn't allowed to go anywhere and be in any contact and the reason behind all this...was the worst thing ever. They were gonna marry him off to some lady for some business deal. The hell is that. All of it effected him very badly emotionally as well as physically. I kissed his scars, cleaned the blood and bandaged him up, helping him change into a fresh and clean pair of clothes. He kept looking down and avoided my gaze.
"Marco."
"..."
"Look at me, it's okay now...but promise that you won't ever do it again. No matter what. Please." After I said, Marco looked at me with teary eyes. I wiped his face and he nodded at what I said. I kept hugging him close to me.

"I'll always be here for you" Marco smiled a bit and it was so relieving to see him smile.
"Also, I got you this mobile to contact me. My number is saved in it. Keep it a secret of course, I'll get you out of all this soon. And you won't marry that extra, I'll make sure of it. And..I'm sorry for kissing you without even asking.." I said while slipping the mobile in his pocket.

"Thanks bubs...I'm so happy to see you..I didn't mind heh..Since you did it.." I smiled at his soft voice. I love you so damn much Marco. "You're always welcome, sweet heart. Anything to keep you safe. I'll go early in the morning, you make sure to sleep well and eat well. I'll text you and I need to take care of a few things baby." He nodded and I caressed his back. Soon enough Marco fell asleep in my arms. I napped a bit with him and as soon as the sun rose, I left after tucking him in and planting a gentle kiss on his forehead and lips. Leaving him a text that I'll miss him and that everything will be okay. Also left a note for his family along with money in the living room that thanks for letting me stay, I'll leave now, etc.