CHAPTER 8

"Lonely Harmony"

Samuel POV

While my eyes are hurting, I can see smokes rising in the air all around the kitchen area. I'm now wearing two layers of jacket and thick gloves on my hands; on the other side, my hands appear to be delving into the oil that is spilling everywhere using the frying pan's lid as my shield.

The smoke was so strong that all I could do was cough in disappointment.

"Aish, I just want to eat sunny side up." I commented in annoyance.

The condition of the egg I was frying in the pan made me scratch my head; it looked more like I had tortured it rather than cooked it, probably the reason why my stomach is getting worse.
It's only 8:00am in the morning so I'm really hungry.

Upon removing the extra clothes off my body, I immediately turned off the gas and put the egg on the plate.

"To a hungry person everything is edible." I said out of hunger even though my food was burnt.
I just held my breath and could not bare to eat it or even taste it since it was severely burned, to the point that it is camouflaging into my black plate.

"Hey hey! don't eat it." I commanded at the puppy who was sitting at the table when I saw him smelling the food.

He stopped with a sad look as if I had oppressed him. "Don't look at me with those eyes." I stated with guilt when I saw that he was in tears

I picked him up and gently pet him, "Baby, eating that will only cost you diarrhe-" I explained.

But I couldn't finish what I was going to say when I heard his stomach growl, which is why my forehead furrowed.

"Wait a minute? You just ate a while ago." I uttered, staring at him carefully.

"Why are you always shivering huh? Is it because of the cold or hunger?" I asked out of curiosity, witnessing he is shaking like a wet chick.

"But you already ate your breakfast..." I continued, asking a questions like a fool because I was the only one answering my own question.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Alright I'll consider it both."

"Be right back, we will have some fun and do shopping." I said letting him know while he obediently just sits on the sofa where I decided to left him.

─────────────────────────────

EVAN POV

The whispers of the people mix with their gossips in every day lives can be heard throughout the corners of the shop while I was preparing one order of my regular costumer, after awhile I swiftly ring the bell and interact to the person who ordered.

"Here's your cookies and cream boba tea ma'am." I happily said to a customer after I finished her order.

She smiled back, "Thank you!" She responded energetically.

I was surprised when she gave me a tip again; knowing that she gave me a tip earlier makes me gave her an awkward reaction. She is a regular customer of mine and I am used to this, but her elegance is in a different class today.

I looked at her awkwardly and gave a force smile, but I chose to be grateful in the end.

"Thank you ma'am have a great day!" I said again.

My gaze shifted to the long line in front of me, when someone clang the counter desk.
"Dude! I've been looking for you everywhere, we have a big problem!" A close friend of mine said panicky.