Chapter 5 - Part 2

Everyone gathered around Myra's lifeless body, their hearts heavy with grief and disbelief. Julia, Myra's trusted second-in-command, stepped forward, her face etched with sorrow.

They celebrated Myra's life, her strength, and her unwavering commitment to The Weavers.

"Let's honor her the way she would have wanted," Julia said, her voice steady despite the tremor in it. Sunny clenched her fists, still cradling Myra's body, the reality of the loss settling like stones in her stomach.

"Can we still capture Nikko at this point ?" Emma's voice wavered, tension rippling through the group.

"We'll wait for the news." Julia shook her head, her brow furrowed. "Our men are already deployed. But we need to regroup first; it's not just about revenge. We can't let Myra's death be in vain."

Sunny lifted her gaze, her eyes burning with emotion. "What will happen to us now that Myra is gone? We're lost without her guidance."

Julia stepped closer, placing a comforting hand on Sunny's shoulder. "She wouldn't want us to surrender to despair. We're stronger than that, Sunny. Remember the lessons she taught us. Unity is our greatest weapon."

Sunny's eyes glimmered with unshed tears. "Unity? How can we be united when Nikko's betrayal cuts so deep? He abandoned us!" Her voice rose with each syllable, pouring out her frustration, her anguish.

Julia's expression hardened. "He chose his path. We have to focus on our own. If we dwell on what he's done, we risk losing sight of why we fight."

"Why do we fight?" Sunny's voice trembled as she spoke. "It feels like the reason has crumbled beneath me. Myra is gone, and Nikko—he was supposed to stand by our side. Now he's become our greatest threat."

"Sunny," Julia said, her tone firm yet gentle, "Nikko made his choice. We cannot allow his betrayal to define us."

Sunny lowered her gaze, struggling to absorb Julia's words. "But what do we do now? How do we move forward when everything feels wrong?"

"Step back and breathe," Julia instructed, "I will lead the organization."

Sunny looked up, uncertainty clouding her expression. "Lead? But you're grieving too. It doesn't seem right."

Julia's jaw tightened, determination flaring in her eyes. "This isn 't about me; it's about all of us. If we falter now, then Myra's legacy will be nothing but a memory. We owe it to her—and to ourselves—to gather our strength and confront the darkness together."

A heavy silence fell over the group, the weight of Julia's words sinking in. Emma stepped forward, her voice trembling but resolute. "I trust you, Julia. Myra believed in your leadership, and so do I. We can't let Nikko's betrayal blind us to our mission."

Sunny glanced at the others, their faces a mix of uncertainty and steely resolve. They slowly nodded in agreement, the silent bond of shared grief urging them forward.

"Alright," Julia said, her voice regaining strength, "let's focus on what we can control. We need to understand our opponent better. Nikko has joined forces with The Fallen, and that makes him more dangerous than ever. We have to gather intel on his movements and form a strategy that reflects Myra's teachings."

Emma crossed her arms, a spark of courage igniting in her expression. "What about our training? We need to prepare ourselves for whatever he's planning."

Julia nodded, appreciating Emma's fierceness. "Exactly. Each one of you has unique skills, and it's time we put them to use. We'll organize our training sessions, capitalize on each disciple's strengths, and ensure we're ready for anything Nikko throws at us. We cannot let him think we're vulnerable."