Chapter 5 - Part 2

The Daylight Garden was a tranquil oasis, its lush greenery and vibrant blooms a stark contrast to the tension now permeating the air. Nikko strode with purpose, his steps swift and purposeful as he approached the ornate gates of the Crescent Moon Church. Behind him, the roar of a hovering Spinner echoed, signaling the arrival of his unwelcome companions.

Myra stood at the center of the garden, her staff held firmly in her hands, a resolute expression on her face. Beside her, Julia and another disciple assumed defensive stances, their eyes locked on the intruders.

"Nikko," Myra's voice carried a weight of disappointment. "I never expected this from you."

Nikko's lips curled into a sardonic smile. "You always did underestimate me, Myra. But no more. The time has come for me to forge my own path."

"And what path is that?" Myra questioned, her grip tightening on her staff. "The Fallen's? Sean's?"

"Power," Nikko replied, his eyes gleaming with ambition. "The power to shape the world as I see fit. Something your precious Weavers could never offer me."

Myra shook her head, a flicker of sadness crossing her features. "You were like a son to me, Nikko. I thought I could trust you to uphold our values, to protect the innocent. But now, I see the darkness that has consumed you."

"Trust?" Nikko scoffed. "Don't be naive, Myra. In this world, only the strong survive. And I intend to be the strongest of them all."

The disciple beside Julia stepped forward, his voice firm. "You would betray everything we've fought for? Everything we've sacrificed?"

Nikko's gaze narrowed. "Sacrifices? Don't make me laugh. All I see are weaklings clinging to a false sense of righteousness. The Fallen offer me the power I crave to crush any who dare to stand in my way."

Myra's expression hardened. "Then you leave me no choice, Nikko. If you refuse to return to the light, then we must stop you."

Nikko's features twisted into a malicious grin. "I was hoping you'd say that."

With a swift motion, he raised his hand, and a surge of energy erupted from his palm, hurtling towards Myra and her disciples. Myra reacted instantly, her staff swinging in a graceful arc, deflecting the attack with a shimmering barrier of Mana.

The battle had begun.

As the clash of powers echoed through the garden, Sunny, Leo, Harry, and Henry watched in stunned silence from their hiding place. Sunny's heart raced, her eyes unable to look away from the scene unfolding before them.

"Myra..." she whispered, her voice barely audible.

Sunny clenched her fists, torn between fear and a desperate need to help. Her mind raced, recalling the countless lessons Myra had imparted about controlling her Mana, about ensuring the safety of the innocent.

"What on earth is happening?" Leo asked, his brow furrowing as he peered through the foliage.

"Don't ask me, I don't know anything." Henry snapped, his eyes fixated on the chaos. Harry shushed him, adrenaline pumping through their veins.

"Look!" Harry whispered, pointing toward the clash. "They're fighting."

Nikko unleashed a torrent of energy, crackling and spiraling toward Myra, who countered with a wave of Mana, forming a protective dome around herself and her disciples.

"Stay back, all of you!" Myra shouted, her voice cutting through the chaos. "This is no place for the untrained!"

Sunny's heart sank at Myra's command, but the urgency of the moment ignited a fire within her. "We can't just stand here!" she insisted, the weight of her thoughts swirling with uncertainty and fierce determination.