XLII - Leila

The new comers have arrived and even Leila had to conceal a small smirk forming on her face as she was dragged along with Darcy by his sister Rillianna. All to be polite and to greet the first guests. 

She could feel Dublin's gaze on her but she ignored it. Simply staring at everyone and anyone all the while smiling at anyone who passed their way. As it was customary for many of the Lycans to greet and to curtsy to these two. 

Now all she did at this point was to stare. Staring at the three new comers, or rather the two new comers since she was already very well acquainted with the Lycan male the two girls were with. 

Draven James Connor. 

The Lycan from a different pack but was also very well acquainted with Darcy's family's pack.

She was being all too polite regardless of the fact that Darcy was starting to sweat bullets and was already ready to bolt. In order for him not to do so, she was not even surprised that he grabbed her hand and she held it tightly. 

Assuring him that she was here and there was no chance she was leaving him to deal with this issue.

"Good Evening Darcy." Leila heard her addressing Darcy after she addressed his sister. But never addressed her. Interesting.

Leila held her head up high to show that she was not going to back down to anything, but before anyone could have done so, their mother appeared behind them.

"Greetings to the newcomers. Is there anything wrong?"

Not everyone was used to seeing the Titan Moon Goddess in the living flesh, and Leila was no exception, but right now, she was being maternal. Trying to smooth any issues before they could rise up. Of course where the moon goddess was, her mate was sure to follow. 

And just like that, he was next to her as if he were there all along. 

"Good Evening everyone. Let me introduce myself. I am Lykos Samaal Aion Iapetus Krayle Wolfe. Darcy and Rillianna's Father, and beside me is my wife and mate Astrea Selene Inkeri Clio Bia Makos Wolfe. It is nice to meet my children's friends. My mate and I have heard so much about you two. Ah Draven. It is nice to see you again son. How are your parents?"

"Good Evening sir, they are good thank you."

Leila could sense that something was clearly going wrong so she turned to face him and tiptoed to whisper in his ear.

"Go with your father, he wants a word. I will be here to smooth things over." She said as she let his hand go and watch him walk towards where his father was staying. Of course anyone with an ear could literally listen to them talk but she did not. She knew he needed privacy and she also knew she needed to keep things smooth here.

"So glad all of you could join us. Ms. Bastiaan, Ms. Bastiaan." She said eyeing Althea and Dublin before turning her attention to Draven.

"Draven James Connor. So nice to see you again. How come you never visit?"

She could see Dublin grabbing a tight hold on Draven's arm.

She tried so hard not to smirk and let it slide.

"Sorry Leila, I was busy. But hey, I'm here now."

"Yes, you are and with a lovely lady in your arm too."

"Have you two met?"

"We have. In the village with Rilli and Darcy."

She saw how Dublin reacted when she mentioned his name, and hid a knowing smile. Stealing a glance at the two Lycans who were still out of reach. 

"Well we want you three to enjoy this party. It is going to be a party of the century." Rillianna said stepping into the conversation.

"Who did you invite?"

"A lot of people Draven. Lycans from all over Europe."

"What is the party for?"

"To-" but before she could respond, she felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see Lykos who told her to go get Darcy.

Smiling towards him, she held out her hand and with a smile he took it. Both of them walking back to the three new guests.

"So what did your father say?"

"He just gave me advice."

"Well let's put that to heart and get this party started shall we lover boy?" She said addressing him.

"You will never stop calling me that huh?"

"I doubt you want me to stop calling you boyfie either."

She said as she pulled him along to greet other guests that were arriving too.

A better distraction for him and for her. 

For now.