[ 003 ] handsome tragedy

𝙎𝙄𝙇𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙋𝙍𝙄𝙉𝙂𝙎. s.black
act 1 :: love's embarrassing as hell !
2024 / -lady5tardust

[ 003 ] handsome tragedy

          SEPTEMBER 1976 ╱ hogwarts, scotland

Lily and Katya got chatting very quickly, their conversations going from the Muggle world, to the complex Wizarding World, to Katya's short explanations of France.

Katya did not want to open up to Lily, however nice she seemed. In her opinion there was nothing to share; she lived in an orphanage, she could let the others make up the rest.

Lily led her into the Great Hall, a chapel-like building, with no roof. The brunette looked up at the ceiling, in awe at the sight of the glittering stars. It was rare to see any form of non-artificial lights anywhere in Paris or London.

"I'm not sure exactly what you're supposed to do, I mean you need to be sorted, and the first years usually go across the lake with Hagrid," she said, looking around the entrance hall in search of a professor.

There was a loud click of footsteps and an elderly woman holding a brown patched hat walked over to the two girls.

"Ah, Miss Duval, please come with me. Oh Miss Evans, how lovely to see you! I notice you've already made friends with my favourite pupil, Miss Duval."

Professor McGonagall was dressed in emerald green robes and had a black pointed hat atop her head. She gave both girls a kind smile and ushered Katya as she strode up a step of marble stairs.

Without turning around, McGonagall began speaking to her. "How has everything been since I last visited you, Miss Duval, I do hope you'll be sorted into my house, not that I will like you any less if you are not."

When McGonagall had visited her a few weeks ago, for some reason unknown to Katya, she had taken an instant liking to the girl. She was slightly confused but she would take anything given to her, and McGonagall's liking was something she would be grateful for.

She followed the professor into a cosy office, with a fireplace and a scarlet rug, and indicated for the girl to take a seat. She sat behind the desk and set the patch brown hat on the mahogany desk.

"Now Miss Duval, we must get this done quickly before the first years arrive so, I will make this quick then we can talk. I am going to put the hat on your head and it will tell you one of the four houses; Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin."

Katya nodded and instinctively closed her eyes as she placed the hat upon her head and the world went dark.

"Ah what do we have here, Katya Duval... Duval, it sounds familiar..." The hat said, speaking into her mind.