In the Line of fire

As Yna walked briskly toward her car, her mind racing with thoughts of work, a sudden commotion caught her attention. Ahead, she saw two men surrounding a young woman, their aggressive postures sending chills down her spine.

Without thinking, Yna rushed forward, her heart pounding. She could see the fear in the girl’s eyes as one man grabbed her shirt, intent on something sinister. “Hey! Stop that!” Yna shouted, her voice steady despite the adrenaline coursing through her.

The men turned, surprised by her intervention. “Mind your own business!” one of them sneered, but Yna stood her ground.

“Let her go!” Yna commanded, pulling out her phone. She dialed the police, her hands shaking but her resolve firm. “I’m calling for help. You won’t get away with this!”

As she spoke, Yna moved closer, ready to protect the girl. The tension was palpable, and she could see the men weighing their options. Just then, the sound of sirens began to echo in the distance.

Realizing they were outmatched, the men released the girl and fled. Yna stayed close, ensuring the young woman was alright as they waited for the police to arrive.
“Thank you,” the girl said, her voice trembling. “I thought—”

“You’re safe now,” Yna replied, her heart still racing. “Just hang in there. Help is coming.”

In that moment, Yna knew she had done the right thing, standing up not just for a stranger, but for every woman who had ever felt powerless.

Nightmares Unveiled

After a long day filled with unexpected events, Yna returned home, her mind still swirling with the day’s chaos. She slipped into her routine, cooking a simple dinner while replaying her encounter at the office. By 10 PM, she felt an exhaustion wash over her, and she crawled into bed, hoping for restful sleep.

But as soon as she closed her eyes, darkness enveloped her. In her dream, she found herself in a dimly lit alley, the air thick with tension. She turned, and there was her daughter, a young girl with bright eyes and an infectious smile, standing close by. Yna felt a surge of love and protectiveness, but then a shadow loomed behind her.

Elmer Acevedo, the notorious king of the gang, stepped into view, his presence commanding and frightening. He reached out, grabbing her daughter and pulling her away, a sinister grin spreading across his face. “You should have stayed out of my way, Yna,” he sneered.

Panic gripped her heart as she chased after them, but the alley seemed to stretch endlessly. Every turn brought more darkness, and the sound of her daughter’s cries echoed in her ears. “Mom! Help me!”

Yna’s desperation grew. “No! Let her go!” she screamed, but her voice was swallowed by the shadows. She stumbled, feeling helpless as Elmer disappeared into the night with her child.

Suddenly, Yna jolted awake, her heart racing and sweat coating her skin. The remnants of the nightmare clung to her, a chilling reminder of her fears. She glanced around her room, reassured by the familiar surroundings, but the sense of dread lingered.

Shaking off the remnants of sleep, Yna knew she needed to confront her fears—both for her daughter’s safety and her own strength. With determination, she resolved to protect her family at all costs, even if it meant facing the darkness head-on.