honeymoon bliss

Chapter 17: Honeymoon Bliss

The warm sea breeze brushed gently against Yna’s skin as she and Joshua stood on the balcony of their private resort room, overlooking the serene beauty of Surigao's crystal waters. The sun had set, leaving behind a sky sprinkled with stars, casting a soft glow over the waves crashing in the distance. It was a perfect night—just like the week they had planned ahead of them, full of love, adventure, and quiet moments together.

Yna turned to Joshua, her heart racing with a mix of excitement and nervousness. This was their first night as husband and wife, a moment she had dreamed about, but it was even more special than she had imagined. Joshua’s gaze softened as he leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to her lips, pulling her gently into his embrace. His touch was tender yet filled with passion, the kind of kiss that spoke louder than words.

They entered their room, the door clicking shut behind them as they let the world outside fade away. Every kiss, every touch was slow and meaningful, as if they had all the time in the world. The soft glow of the moon filtered through the windows as they made love, lost in the warmth and intimacy of the moment. Their connection was beyond physical—it was emotional, built on trust, love, and the shared journey that had brought them here.

Later, they lay together in the quiet of the night, the sound of the ocean a soothing backdrop. Joshua’s fingers traced circles on Yna’s skin, and she smiled, feeling content in a way she hadn’t known before. They were building a new chapter together, one filled with endless possibilities.

After sharing a quiet dinner together, they returned to the room where their passion ignited once again. As the clock struck midnight, they found themselves tangled in each other's arms, their love deepening with every touch, every kiss. The night was theirs, a celebration of the love they had fought so hard for.

And with the moon as their witness, they sealed the first night of their honeymoon in the most intimate way possible, falling asleep in each other's arms, dreaming of the days to come.

One month had passed since Yna and Joshua’s unforgettable honeymoon in Surigao. Life had settled into a comfortable rhythm for the newlyweds, their days filled with laughter, love, and the quiet joys of married life. But something had shifted within Yna—something she couldn’t quite explain. Subtle changes had begun to surface: a sudden wave of nausea in the mornings, the way certain scents made her stomach turn, and the unexplainable exhaustion that weighed her down.

It wasn’t until one afternoon, after yet another dizzy spell, that Yna began to wonder if these changes meant something more. Her heart fluttered at the thought, her mind racing with possibilities. Could she be pregnant? The thought filled her with a mix of excitement and nervousness. She had never been one to jump to conclusions, but this felt different.

Taking a deep breath, Yna went to the nearest pharmacy and bought a pregnancy test. She waited until Joshua left for work the next morning before quietly slipping into the bathroom, her heart pounding in her chest. The minutes that followed seemed to stretch endlessly as she stared at the small device, waiting for the results.
Then, two lines appeared.

Her breath caught in her throat, and tears welled up in her eyes. She was pregnant. A surge of emotions rushed through her—joy, disbelief, and a hint of fear. Yna clutched the test in her hand, a soft smile spreading across her face. She had dreamed of this moment but now that it was real, it felt almost surreal.

When Joshua returned home later that evening, Yna could barely contain her excitement. She had thought of a thousand ways to tell him, but in the end, she simply walked up to him with the test in her hand, her eyes shimmering with happy tears.

“Joshua…” she whispered, her voice thick with emotion. “We’re going to be parents.”

Joshua’s eyes widened in surprise before his face broke into the biggest smile she had ever seen. He pulled her into his arms, spinning her around the room with laughter bubbling between them. “Are you serious?” he asked, his voice filled with awe.

Yna nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks. “I’m pregnant.”

For a moment, they stood there in the middle of their living room, holding each other tightly, their hearts beating as one. Joshua pressed a kiss to her forehead, his voice thick with emotion. “You’ve just made me the happiest man in the world.”

That night, they lay in bed, their hands intertwined as they talked about their future. Joshua couldn’t stop touching Yna’s stomach, even though it was too early to feel anything. They spoke of baby names, wondered if it would be a boy or a girl, and imagined what their child might be like.

Their love, which had already been strong, grew even deeper with the knowledge that they were bringing new life into the world. Together, they faced this new chapter with excitement and anticipation, knowing that whatever challenges lay ahead, they would face them side by side, just as they always had.

Yna smiled, feeling the warmth of Joshua’s hand resting on her stomach. Their honeymoon had been a celebration of their love, but this—this was their new beginning. A love beyond words, now growing inside her.