Kicked Out

My mother had told the school to send me home to await my punishment.

To say I was scared would be an understatement, I was bricking it.

I got home and slunk into the sofa and pulled out my phone; 15 missed calls from Andy. I heard the door swing open and footsteps come towards me. Unfortunately, the person I came face to face with wasn’t my more laid back dad, but was in fact my incredibly pissed off mother.

I gave her a quick guilty smile hoping she wouldn’t be too pissed. She basically growled at me.

“WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING?!” she screamed at me, I sunk further into the sofa, “YOU ARE A FUCKING DISGRACE TO THIS FAMILY!”

Like I hadn’t heard that EVERY day.

“I’m done with you, you’re 17. You’re legally allowed to leave. Get out. I don’t want to have you shaming this family any more.”

I knew she’d be pissed. But never THIS pissed.

“I... uhh....” I was literally stunned into silence.

“You have the rest of today to get your things and GET OUT!” she spat at me. I ran upstairs to my room and jumped onto my bed. I felt everything crashing down around me.

As this was happening, it just so happened that my phone rung. It was Andy.

“Hey are you ok?? God I’m so sorry I left you.” Andy blurted quickly down the phoneline.

“S’ok,” I sniffled

“What’s wrong.”

“Parents...”

“Are you in trouble?”

“They kicked me out.”

“WHAT?! Are you still at home?”

“I’ve got the rest of the day.”

“I’m coming over.”

He hung up on that note and I just lay back on my bed and closed my eyes.

A little while later I heard a little tap at my window. I looked out to see Andy perched on the side of the drainpipe. I laughed at how ridiculous he looked before opening the window and pulling him in.

He pulled me into a hug almost immediately and I began to cry again.

“S’ok,” he whispered into my shoulder.

I couldn’t help but smile. He always made me feel better, no matter what. To be honest I’d fallen for him pretty hard, but I wouldn’t admit it. I didn’t want to ruin pretty much my first friendship.

I hugged him tighter and I felt him kiss my temple. I sighed as the hug came to a natural end and I fell back onto my bed, he closely followed.

“You can stay with me and the guys if you want.” Andy offered giving me a slight smile.

“Thanks,” I replied, “Can you help me get my stuff together?”

He nodded slightly and we began to gather my stuff. To be honest, I didn’t want to keep most of the crap I owned. I went to my cupboard and pulled out all my clothes that I actually liked and shoved them into the large purple suitcase which had been shoved under my bed since last August when I was forced to go on a dreadful family holiday to Spain.

I picked up my laptop, iPad, phone and various chargers and wires and also shoved them in. Andy got busy picking up my perfumes and stuff from my desk so I shoved my notebooks into a little pouch. All but one of them were filled with short and long stories I’d written over the years, some were total crap but I couldn’t bring myself to throw them out. The last notebook, a tattered pink leather one, was what I referred to as my hate journal; filled with everything I hated about myself, various weights I’d recorded, blades, all the shit you’d expect to find in a hate journal, being a journal of hate.

Andy came back over with the last of my toiletries and after shoving a few more items into the suitcase I considered myself reasonably packed and headed for the window. I looked at my room for the last time. This was my chance to start fresh. My new life. I’d saved a reasonably large amount of money, I’d be fine... right?

I dropped the suitcase out of the window and began to climb out of the window, closely followed by Andy. I jumped down and grabbed my suitcase and walked next to Andy back to the Black Veil Brides tour bus.