2

*Beyoncé*

I woke up abruptly and I sighed because I already knew I wouldn't fall back asleep for the rest of the night. I glanced at my digital alarm clock and saw in the darkness of the room that it was only 4am so I lay back down on my bed, staring at an invisible spot in the ceiling.

Morning came faster than I thought. It was 7am when I finally decided to get up. I opened the shutters in my room, letting the daylight in, which made me squint, then headed straight to the bathroom. I wasn't surprised to see deep dark circles under my eyes or the state of my hair. It had been like that every night for a year now so I was used to it.

I took a cold shower for a good five minutes, brushed my teeth, and then dressed simply in black sweatpants and a tank top of the same colour since I didn't start work until 10:30 am.
I was so tired yesterday when I got home that my suitcase was still lying on the floor of my room with my clothes on top of it. Unsurprisingly, as usual, my living room and kitchen were also in a pitiful state, and I know my mother would've fainted seeing that mess.
Dirty dishes cluttered the counter, empty alcohol bottles littered the floor, and dirty clothes, I think, were piled on the back of one of the high stools at the counter. I should have cleaned that mess before I go to Boston.

I had never been a maniac and I didn't like anything related to cleaning. To be honest I didn't even give a fuck about how my home look because I read somewhere that it reflects your state of mind so I guess that's what the inside of my brain looks. Nevertheless, I started tidying up to give my apartment a presentable apparence even though I knew it would be in the same state tomorrow, maybe even tonight.

After a weekend like this, going back to work was going to be very tough and I could already feel it even though Monday was mostly chill because I didn't have much to do.

I was about to go smoke in the balcony when the doorbell rang. I frowned, I wasn't expecting anyone at this hour of the day. I sighed as I went to the door. I didn't even bother to look through the peephole.

I was surprised to see my friend, Larsa, standing in front of me with a big smile on her face. "What are you doing here ? Aren't you supposed to be in Bora bora, having fun ?"

Her smile dropped and she rolled her eyes. "Well, hello to you too, Beyoncé. Happy to see you."

She hugged me and I hugged her back, I really missed her though. I then stepped aside to let her in. I closed the door and followed her into the living room.

"Do you want something to drink ?"

She rolled her eyes "Even if I say yes, I suppose you have nothing to drink but vodka and given the hour, I'll pass."

"I have water and I didn't know you were coming." I had to defend myself.

"Beyoncé, please it wouldn't have changed anything even if I had told you." She crossed one leg over the other while I sat down next to her "Anyway, how are you and how was Boston ?"

"I'm good and the weekend was good too. And I love your dress." She was wearing a blue short dress with straps and a small slit at thigh level. The V-shaped neckline was showing the beginning of her breasts.

That girl was always wearing dresses like that even in winter.

"Thank you, Scottie got it for me during our little vacation."

"By the way, you still haven't answered my question. What are you doing here ? You were supposed to come back Wednesday, right ?"

She smiled "I have something to tell you !"

"I'm listening."

Larsa began to slowly stroke her belly from top to bottom over her dress. I didn't immediately understand what it meant but when our eyes met and her smile intensified, I looked back and forth between her belly and her face, and it was obvious.