Chapter Twenty-two

Bree's POV:

Mayla pulled out her phone.  "This is what I'm planning to wear tomorrow," she said excitedly, showing Arianne, Rihanne and I her outfit.  It was a really cute outfit; it was a plain white crop top, paired with 3/4 light blue jeans, and a pair of white and gold sandals.  "I love it immediately," I exclaimed.  Arianne started to look a bit worried.  "All of you guys have such nice swimsuits and outfits, and I feel like all my clothes are so childish," she said, sounding a bit sad. 

"Aww, don't say so.  My clothes aren't going to be all that impressive tomorrow either, but I'll do my makeup and hair nicely to make up for it," Rihanne said in an attempt to comfort Arianne.  I gave her a hug.  "I wish you could sleep over!  I would happily lend you some of my clothes," I said warmly.  Arianne smiled at me.  "Guys, I'll be okay.  It's just clothes; December is coming up so you all know you have to help me upgrade my closet with Christmas AND Birthday gifts," she replied.  My mouth opened in shock, while Mayla and Rihanne cracked up.  "That was good," Rihanne said. 

The bell rang shortly after, ending lunch period, and we all headed back to class. 

*At home*

Today was Friday, and I was currently in my room re-trying on my outfit.  I kept changing my hairstyle, trying to figure out which would look best when we went to the beach tomorrow.  I needed to figure out what outfit to wear over my orange swimsuit.  Should I wear a crop top and shorts, or should I do a mini dress?  I was looking at the debris of clothes all over my bed.  I suddenly zoned in on my favorite white miniskirt and an orange spaghetti-striped top.

  I suddenly zoned in on my favorite white miniskirt and an orange spaghetti-striped top

Perfection. It looked really cute in the mirror, and this paired with Side Fringe Hairstyle and light make-up completed the final look. My dark brown eyes looked back at me in the mirror, and I smiled. I am quite pretty, and somehow I'm now able to see how well my features were complimenting each other currently. I had a heart-shaped face, with light brown complexion and small, monolid shaped eyes. My body had a nice shape also, and my muscles were quite toned.

Suddenly, I heard my name being called. "Bree, Mayla's here." My brother Jaden opened my bedroom door without knocking, as per usual. "JADEN HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO KNOCK?" I yelled, while trying to frantically pack up some of my clothes. Jaden just shrugged. "Doesn't make a difference to me. Once your not naked, I couldn't care less what you have on or are doing," he responded before leaving.

Wait a minute, I just processed what Jaden said. Mayla was here? But I didn't invite her by my house tonight; she knew we were meeting tomorrow at the beach. I went downstairs, and saw Mayla with a small, overnight bag. "I asked your mum to sleepover, and she said yes," Mayla said excitedly to me. I looked at my mum, surprised. She shrugged. "You girls have fun; I have to drop you to Lettie's in the morning so I need you up and packed by 10am," my mum said, before going upstairs to her room. I turned and faced Mayla. "Girl, why didn't you ask me first silly," I said, leading her upstairs to my room. She laughed aloud. "My dad suggested I sleep over actually because he has a work function in the morning to go to then lunch later with my grandparents. There was no way he was coming all the way back home just to pick me up and drop me to the beach, on the other side of the island," she explained.