Chapter nineteen

Bree's POV:

Once I got home, I took a shower and fell into a deep sleep.

Beep Beep. Beep Beep.

My phone buzzed and I groggily woke up to check to see a notification pop up. It was a text message from an unknown number. 'Caleb will never like you. Give up now.'

Seeing this, I jumped up suddenly. Who was messaging me so often, and why were they so adamant on me not talking to Caleb?

It was close to 3 am, and I was very sleepy. I blocked the number, and got up to use the bathroom. Was it Rihanne? Was it Zoey? Who possibly could be going to such lengths? Is there any possibility that Caleb may like me?

I wanted to call Lettie, but I know she probably would not answer at this time. I hated to wait but I really felt like I needed to talk to someone about this. Yes, I blocked the number but that didn't mean that the person won't message again, or even call at some point in the future. I tried my best to fall back asleep but it was difficult. So many questions were swirling around in my mind.

I put my phone to my ear. If Lettie didn't answer, I'd leave a voice message for her on whatsapp instead. I waited, and waited and waited. No answer.

"BRIANNA!!!!!!!"

I jumped up out of sleep. What time was it? I checked my alarm clock. It was 6.50 am. Oh my goodness, I usually have to be ready by 7am! What is going on with me this morning?

I hurriedly got ready and ran downstairs. My dad glared at me as I sat down in the car. 'Some things never change,' he grumbled under his breath as he pulled out our driveway.

*At School

"A missed call at 3.30am in the morning, can I ask why?"

My guilty look was evident on my face as I sat down in class and Lettie immediately started questioning me. "And why do you look like you got no sleep last night? Wait a minute, are you still able to come to the beach Saturday? If you aren't able to, then I definitely won't go either because you're the sole reason I'm even co-"

"Lettie, relax. It's nothing that bad"

I was deciding whether or not to tell Lettie about the message, but I blocked the number. I decided not unless the mystery person tried to contact me again. "Let's change the subject; do you have a ride to the beach on Saturday Lettie?" I asked.

"Yes please. Actually, speaking of which, what are you wearing to the beach?"

"I don't know as yet. What about you?"

"I actually got two new swimsuits I haven't worn as yet. Both are whole pieces, but different styles. Why don't you come by me and we can get ready together?"

"Sounds like a plan"

Both Lettie and I jumped. Arianne smirked at us as she slid into the seat behind us. "Is this about the beach plan Saturday?" she asked excitedly. Lettie and I exchanged knowing looks. It was becoming more and more obvious day by day what was going on. Arianne and Gordon were both crushing on each other. That is the only way she would have known about our beach plans on Saturday. "Ms. Arianne, how do you know about our plans on Saturday without us saying a word?" Lettie asked, smirking at Arianne. "Your lovestruck friend Gordon," she replied swiftly and turned her head quickly, pretending to look for something in her bag.

Brrrrriiinnggggg

The bell filled out the classroom, causing all conversations around us and ours to stop. "This isn't over," I whispered.