44: Feelings

Her palm went to her mouth covering the yawn that came out. She sat up on the bed looking at the slightly dark room. The curtains were still closed and the lights off. What she wasn't expecting when she looked ahead of her is to see a huge painting of her face and hair flowing staring back at her.

She turned and jabbar wasn't by her side and she frowned. She remembered them going back to sleep together after subhi prayers so where is he now. She got off the bed and only then did she remember she's still naked and was only being covered by the bedsheet.

Jabbar had given her a hijab she used to pray which she doesn't even know where he got it from regardless she picked the first clothing item she saw and covered herself with it which is his shirt from yesterday. It stopped just on her thighs and she thought about removing it and wearing something else but what would she wear, she had nothing except her dress from last night.

She walked to where the painting hung and looked at it. She reached her hand to touch the canvas but it was too high for her. She settled for just staring at the beautiful painting. This man was really going to be the death of her. But how didn't she see it yesterday. She must have been so invested in yesterday not to have bothered about her environment last night

The memories of last night came rushing back and she felt her cheeks getting hot. How is she going to face him without blushing. But that's a question she'll ponder on later for now she needs to find him.

She picked up the clothes that were everywhere, getting the room in a better shape than it was then removed the bedsheet and dumped it in the laundry basket she found. She is going to wash it later by herself.

Satisfied with how the place looked, she strolled out of the room to look for him and the scent of something cooking gave his location away.

The kitchen.

She went there and since the kitchen was connected to the large living area, she didn't have to go in to see him.

She sat on one of the high stools outside the kitchen facing the island. He was by the other side of the kitchen so he hasn't noticed her presence yet.

Unlike her, he was wearing a sweat pants and a shirt and she stared at him. She had a question for him about what she saw last night.

He turned just in time and Nawal quickly looked away but she had already been caught. She turned back to look at him and he gave her a wide smile moving opposite where she sat with a pan in his hands.

"Good morning". His smile still intact as he transferred the eggs he just finished frying into a plate. "I see you finally woke up".

Nawal's smile widened realizing the double meaning behind his words. She smiled wider so he won't see her red cheeks.

"Good morning. Yeah I'm up". He nodded at her response." What you making?" Her elbow plopped down and her palm supporting her chin.

" Nothing much. Just chips and eggs. Coffee for me and hot chocolate for you".

"Lemme help you then". She stood up planning to round the island and enter into the kitchen.

"Don't worry I got it. I plan on making breakfast".

"And I'm just helping". She shrugged and she was already inside the kitchen. Jabbar wanted to reply but kept shut as he saw what she was wearing.

Nawal ignored his stare and moved to the cabinet where she suspects the mugs would be and they were there. She rose her legs up trying to get the mugs since she's a little bit short and there is no heels to help her out.

"Damn.......my poor heart". Nawal dropped her legs and turned with a frown on her face to know what happened. He had his eyes closed and one of his hand placed on his chest before he opened it with a mischievous smile on his face.