☁.IX

Pop's Chock-lit Shoppe 

June has been listening to Jughead complaining about the Drive-In closing for the past 20 minutes. She doesn't really care for the place as much as he seems to but she's his friend, so she'll be there for him when it does.

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale..."

She nods along whilst sipping on her Oreo milkshake.

"No, forget Riverdale, in the coffin of the American dream." He stammers, "As the godfather of-of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say..."

Kevin interrupts him, "Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references." Veronica slightly nods her head in agreement.

Jughead stares him down, "What? I'm pissed." He glances over to the Cooper girl beside him then back to the three opposite him, "And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it."

"In this age of Netflix, of VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?" Veronica puts a hand on the table whilst asking this.

June thinks it's more for the nostalgic feeling but doesn't say anything, she doesn't want to gain Jughead's wrath.

"People who want to buy crack- OW-" Kevin rubs his arm, glaring at the curly haired girl who had smacked him with a reprimanding look.

"And cinephiles, and car enthusiasts. Right, Bets?" Jughead looks over to the blonde for help. June stares into her empty milkshake glass.

She's forgiven the girl, much to her delight, because of Veronica. Still doesn't mean she likes to hear her voice though.

The blonde doesn't look to be paying much attention, staring at her untouched strawberry milkshake.

She picks up her head, blinking at him, "Totally." She nods as well.

June and Kevin snort.

How astute.

"Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it." He rolls his eyes and looks off to the side, "So when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer, she couldn't refuse..."