♡.VIII

FP's Trailer - Living Room

FP is just about to settle down with a beer before he hears a knocking on his door. 

June hadn't texted him about coming over, so he automatically assumes it's not her. He gets up to answer it, sighing along the way and hoping that it's nothing important. 

 As the door creaks open, he spots ahead of curly hair and immediately knows who it is.

 Definitely important, my beer can wait. 

 She's in nothing but a hoodie and a pair of heels which gets her raised brows when he makes eye contact. Eye softening into concern when he sees that her mascara has run down her face. Clearly, she's been crying.

 She shuffles in place under his gaze. 

 "Hi Jonesie..." 

 "Hello Junie." 

 "I did something tonight I probably shouldn't have," she avoids eye contact and hugs the hoodie she's wearing tighter to her body, "I didn't want to be alone."

He scans her body for any sign of injury, finding none that he can see as he stretches out his hand. She takes it with a sigh of what he believes is relief and lets him pull her to his side and shuts the door behind her.

Now that he can see her more clearly, he identifies the hoodie she's wearing as one of his flannels. She steps out of her heels and kicks them to the side; he'll pick those up later.

He reaches forward when she's done, "Why don't we get you into something more comfortable?" Only to pause when her eyes widen, watching in shock as she backs away from his hand and out of his arms.

Seeming to realize what she did, her eyes water and she takes a single step forward.

FP stands still where he is and tracks her movement. He doesn't know what to do, she's never done that before. She moves closer and he tentatively opens his arms, unsure of whether or not she wants to be touched. 

He needn't worry, for she runs straight into them. He can feel her tremble, arms tight around his torso.

What the hell happened tonight?